my friend Linda inspired me to get back into being creative... and since I can not realistically bring out all the needles / scissors / fabric and my berina with my two very CURIOUS boys. I turned to paper. I think she created a monster! I have been trying to keep up with her blog ( I was slow to it at first) and have been inspired by her soooooo much that I actually tried blogging myself!
Anywho she went the the Quilt fest in Houston and took lots of yummie pictures and there was one I really liked about altering everyday things. I never really gave that much thought until then. Shortly after I went to the scrapping store and saw a class on altered daytimers. HUM.....I did not really like what they were going to do with one in the class, so I came up with my own version of altering one with lots of left over paper and stickers and all things that inspire me. Here's a pic of the inside cover... yes I added the ribbon :) Every month has a theme - like "dream" or "be yourself" or "inspire" SO everytime I use it - I'll remember to be creative and to try and be true to myself.
Here's a 2nd shot - it's the personal info page - I chose not to write any of it down, as I know it all by heart and just use metal embellishments to remind me what my initials are (just incase I forget.)
I had soooooo much fun making it, I am actually still adding to it when I think of different things. Thanks for the inspiration Linda! xoxoxo
ME!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Altering a Target find :)
Posted by
Anna
at
8:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Niiiiiceness.
ReplyDeleteOne day we'll make one of those together. Mine'll be a lil funky I'm sure, but it'll be cool.
Anyway, looking good, looking good!
Oh and this your brother, Lawrence. I just left that last comment!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! You are so cool. Thank you for giving me credit, my dear. Buttttt.....you were creative before you met me and you are just looking for someone to blame for your return to Michael's. hahaha You should join the Christian Paper Artists list..there is a link to it on my blog. You can go "special notices" and just read online if you don't want the email in your box. You can even just be a "lurker". But you might find some stuff to inspire you there, too. Or join the Altered Books Yahoo Group...I'm not in it anymore...but I can help ya find it. We altered a dollar store book at one of my Silver Bella classes. I'll upload pictures of all my class projects very soon.
ReplyDeleteYOUR blog is great...I'm so glad you started it!
big hugs, linda
Hello! So glad to habe found your blog! I know what you mean about "creating a monster"! It's easy to become addicted once you get crafting! I never have time, yet I'll find myself getting up in the middle of the night to work on something!! Keep crafting..it's good for you!! xo natalea
ReplyDeleteI'm always happy to find a new blog.
ReplyDeleteThe calendar book looks great!!
Addicting isn't it?
Keep going girl, this is only the beginning, your're hooked!!
Janey