typical nest happenings.......
I was on my way to the doctor yesterday and ended up at the post office..... hum? the two locations are a few doors down from each other..... so I can see how this can easily happen but all long.... I was thinking doctor doctor doctor... I am so used to going to the post office I think I thought the postmaster was my doctor! (yikes!) So, I show up to the doctors office check in..... and the receptionist says.... Miss Anna... you don't have an appointment. Anna: Uh......what's today's date.... lady: feb 10 your appt is on the 11th.... (argh......) So I decide to go to the grocery store and stock the house with food......While waiting at the light to turn left.... I am next to Monsignor Sweet - of the catholic school where my youngest attends.... his license plate holder says..... "White Collar workers pray harder" (note to self: anna you need to pray harder....) Next to his car is a Mom-mobile...... her plate says "Honk if a kid falls out!" (note to self: I seriously need that license plate holder...)
Back to grocery shopping..... A trip to trader joe's is always a delight :) The people there are helpful, happy and pleasant to be around.... unlike the local von's where some 16 year old is packing the yogurt on top of my precious organic lettuce that I just payed an arm and leg for....... So upon my arrival home - I discovered that my child successfully sneaked in some jellybellies - without my consent... candy is rarely allowed at our house unless there is a birthday or holiday....(double argh!)
Since my doc's appt was not until the next day.... I have a load of errands I need to do in place of the time I though I had allotted as "free time" but no I have to go to my "actual" doctor's appointment. We hop back in the jeep and go down to the county office.... always a joy... going to a county office - get redirected to several different offices (all on the 2nd floor) until I find the right office to file my papers at.... all the meanwhile having the ride to elevator to the top floor then down to the 2nd floor....(several times just to the appease my 4 yr old in tow.....)
Next Errand: go to pool store to buy the part we need to fix the pool sweep...... what ends up happening..... prying kid out of a sweet jacuzzi spa all the while bouncing beach balls onto chemicals that are not to messed with..... (argh)
Next errand: Go to another doctor's appt for my 4 yr old... (ear doc) he swears he has an ice cube in his ear..... The doctor and mom were relieved not to find anyice cubes but find out my 6 year old needs ANOTHER set of tubes..... we are on set number 5. (note to self: I swear we will save for college.... next year - I promise!)
Next errand: Run to the candy store (See's) because G and P are coming to town for the weekend and we need sweets for Valentines day (ahhhh thanks goodness a holiday... we can have candy in the house)...... I am fully aware the my children are a cute as they can be..... but somehow the manager of See's befriends Marz..... because he is so stinking cute.... and somehow we left the store with more free candy (and a lollipop) than we actually bought! huh - not to mention the box of jellybellies we have back at the house.... did I mention a trip to the dentist might now be in order? (maybe we'll start saving for college in 2 years???)
Mommy Errand: at last, we go to the scrapbook store....... (note to self: never take the kids to your happy place....) as I knew it would be a challenge to manage a 4 yr old out of mickey mouse section so I could go an drool over the new lines of american crafts and basic grey and teresa collins....... I left with mr incredible stickers (pure bribery....) and a few sheets of the fore mentioned lines of new goodness and a pack of copper sheets by suggestion of a dear friend :) (thanks michelle).....a new toy/technique to play with for an upcoming EASY ATC SWAP at the CPA......
Finally we are home.......pull in the driveway.... Marz says.... When are we going to Aaron's house?
Me: huh? we don't know any Aaron's.....
Marz: yes mommy - you said we were running to Aaron's
me: no sweetie, I said we were running ERRANDS......
Marz: wahhhhhhh - I want to go to Aaron's house.....
Lord, hear my prayer..........
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
and so the story goes.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That was awesome writing. Sorry your day was so hectic. If you need anything give me a holler. XOXO
ReplyDeleteNow that's what I am talking about...a typical day with Anna Tremblay! Hilarious. Please, continue writing like that. I love that you included my most favorite saying you ALWAYS say, "Lord,Hear MY Prayer"!!!!! I do love the "Honk if a child falls out". I believe Mrs. Krenzke might need that one!
ReplyDeletePlease Lord hear her Prayer. .. Love you Anna, you made my day with that story . Laughing about it all. Keep the great stories coming! You are a great life story teller!!!
ReplyDeletei want to go to Aaron's house too!!!
ReplyDeleteHahaha too funny!