Wednesday, May 20, 2009

uninspired (sort of)



oh how I miss you, my good friend.
My heart will grow fonder til the bitter end....
will you return to me all bright and shiny new
or will you return battered and blue?

(wahhhhh)
folks - I am in a bit of a funk........ usually things that inspire me are photography based... things I see thru the lens... but my lens is kind of on a sabbatical. My nikon is broke..... I have heard no news from him... I do not know "what is up" on his status of being fixed or getting replaced... so I am left with my point and shoot (which is truly a great stand in....... it's a sony and a 8 meg pixel wonder of pink beauty) but I don't find that holding the sony in my hand does me the same justice as my nikon.... (seriously..... how spoiled am I?) SOOOOOO - what inspires anna these days? right now - not a whole heck of a lot...... if you remember from a few posts back... I spoke of DMB (dave matthews band) well - I have been going in DEEP - ever since I got back from the VEGAS show.... it's all I can eat, drink and think..... other than my crazy cardio music I listen to for my workouts .... It's ALL I listen to.......(dmb). It's all I dream of in terms of layout titles or "facebook" status,..... it's all I sing in my head ..... It's all I hear in my car..... I can hardly wait until my next show.... (fresno - aug 30 - incase u were wondering....) dude - I'm ready to pack up the mini van and hit the road for summer tour :) haha.... fortunately I don't have a mini van so I can 't really do that.... - reality check - I have two beautiful boys and lots of commitments that keep me tied to bako - I won't be hitting the road (kind makes me wish I were 20 again.....) but this keeps me grounded...... meanwhile the boys and I are memorizing EVERY lyric of DMB possible - we shall be admirers from afar.

Summer comes quicker than I ever dreamed of........ I am working hard (trying to fit into my 20 yr reunion dress) and looking for the little things to inspire me..... right now - it is song lyrics..... it's beautiful guitar rifts - raging saxophone - the beauty of violin mixing with rock 'n' roll and dave's killer throaty voice.

peace,
anna

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a mini-book...or maxi...in the making! Maybe an ATC swap about your favorite musician? hmmmmmm I see some David Cook pics in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! sorry i have been so absent from the blogosphere...life gets in the way, you know? so sad to hear about your camera:( any news? i'll keep my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!