Friday, June 12, 2009

spin the bottle

Ok Miss Nathalie...... I have been meaning to respond to your great blog challenge about childhood memories.....
so in typical anna form - I made a mini book.........

the cover is a spinner...... with a "variety" of questions - first kiss - most embarrassing moment - stupidest thing u ever did..... blah blah blah.......I felt that the cover was a little plain because I could not figure out what kind of ribbon to put on it (argh) but I had fun on the inside...the book base itself is made from Martha Stewart (18' x 18') cardstock - I took it down to Kinko's and sliced it to 6' x 18' - then scored and tri folded back into itself making it 6' x 6'.

There is ONE picture in this book...... (my blog profile pic) and the rest is straight up journaling..... I used a typewriter font......and cut the sentences (sometimes words) into strips.....

With in the tri fold - I created sections..... fold up down or sideways... you will find two answers to the "spin the bottle" questions.... with little flaps to reveal the answer...... I had to make people work for the answer some how..... :)


The book's cardstock is a chocolate brown color and all the patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket's new line. The metal accents are all from TIM Holtz ( he rocks the metal.....) and ribbons and buttons are just scraps that coordinated with my color theme....

What... you want to know the answers? :) ok... I will share few....
--------------
my favorite fantasy

as long as we are talking fantasy...... I would sleep in til 9 am (ish) have breakfast in bed - prepared by my favorite chef, Matt. Get dressed take a LIMO to the day spa get a mani/pedi, facial, massage and healthy lunch. Get back in the LIMO... head to the nearest mall, met my girls and have a shopping spree, grab a frappachino, get back in the Limo.. head to Simply Scrapbooks and have a SHOPPING SPREE! Back in the Limo, drop my girls off pick Matt up go to lovely French Bistro and have a 5 star supper. Pick my girls back up, head to our very own PRIVATE Concert with DAVE MATTHEWS BAND... rock out until midnight (or so...) Meet the whole band and crew... pictures autographs.... have a few beers.... become BFF’s .... call it PERFECT!!!

stupidest thing I ever did

After high school - I finally passed my drivers test......somehow CA issued me a license...... My first week driving my pimped out ’66 Karmanghia (yes it was a stick and I was just learning how to drive) Headed out in the windy mountain roads of my hometown. I nearly drove off a cliff..... seriously.... had to get a tow truck to come and rescue me..... So sad :(

my most embarrassing moment

College years....... hanging out with my friends at the beach.. head to the wharf for lunch...... I decide (by myself) to check out the sea lions...... I guess I got to close to a sea gull..... He bit me...... Darn bird left a big welt on my head for a few weeks...... My friends still don’t let me live that one down.......
------------

So Nathalie, it's not quite the childhood memories you were looking for but more of teen novelty to reveal my most ridiculous thoughts and memories and since I never played "spin the bottle" in real life...... it was kind of funny to think back on those ohhhh TOO traumatic years know as the late 80's and early 90's..... lordy - lordy - glad that's far behind me :)

xo,
anna

4 comments:

  1. This is GREAT!! You're so creative!!
    Hugs, Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Clever concept. Oh so much like those games I played as a kid -Twister, Hi Ho Cheery-o, Mouse Trap and other games that had spinners and cards to draw. So Milton Bradley-esk. hee hee

    You could seriously market this journal idea. have you ever thought about selling kits or patterns on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna ~ I love this idea and the book is so fun!!! I agree Tim Holtz does rock in the metal dept. and I had a dream about Dave Matthews 2 nights ago. I was telling him how much my kids enjoyed him as Otis in the movie Because of Winn Dixie and asked for his autograph. Random ~ huh? I am just loving catching up with you! And I so love this whole post! Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful book! i love that spinner, and all of the little flaps, and i could just go on and on...!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!