Friday, September 4, 2009

just my type!

As luck would have it, I recently came into a real treasure.......

The treasure is not the typewriter but the person who sent it to me........ Nathalie.......
I have been on the hunt for a typewriter ( keep in mind I am not much of a hunter.....) for over a year. I have only hit up maybe 4 or 5 second hand and antique stores..... it's not exactly appropriate to take a 7 yr and 5 yr old to a store where the breakables are more than I can afford..... anyhow, I was wise enough to ask some very good hunting friends of mine, to keep an eye out for a typewriter, on my behalf...... One of the most inspiring artist friends of mine found the PERFECT typewriter for me, in her quaint little town of Corder, MO!! I can hardly get over it myself.... The compact size, the storability of it, the dual ink function, the fact that it works and there are no missing keys... I could go on and on about the little treasure......

but again as I said, it truly is not the typewriter that is the treasure..... it's my friendship with the lady who rescued it, for me! I think I hit the jackpot! Thank you Nathalie for expanding my art horizon beyond the "typewriter" font on my mac..... this little beauty rocks!

As Nathalie has commanded me..... I'm off to make art.......
xo,
amt

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!!!! What an awesome gift! That Nathalie person must be really sweet!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Anna, you are one up on me. I have YET to do a post on my typewriter collection!!!

    You are SO welcome. I'm glad the poor thing has a good home. It had lived in the back room of an untidy shop for far too long. Now it's living the good life in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! What a cute typewriter and what a wonderful friend! So glad you have one -
    AT Last! Now I cannot wait to see what you do with it! <3 kt

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!