Wednesday, November 11, 2009

terrible, horrible, no good excuse.....

I've been MIA..... I have a terrible, horrible, no good excuse for not posting to my blog....... it's called LIFE!!
I've been real busy playing mom to my sweet, sweet sons.
Fall is the quickly becoming the craziest time of year for us..... First off, we have two birthday babies, halloween and crafting haven for me....

Let's start with my, now, 5 yr old...... he loves halloween for all the guts and gory that it should be. OK - may not guts and gory but definitely spiders and skeletons...... So, we had to make lots of decorations for our home and then make teachers treat bags and kiddie treat bags (that's where crafting extravaganza comes in for me :)

here's a cute shot of him running through the pumpkin patch at his school - it's, currently, one of my favs

Next, we take my, now, 7 yr old..... the Halloween Baby..... just that alone should tell you why I have to go hog toon Halloween. Well..... here he is making a wish........

I'm pretty sure he was wishing for a DS (video game) He was a little disappointed that he did not get one for his birthday.....(opps)
Speaking of his birthday.... he and his brother decided they would forgo birthday parties this year (phew...) and take a trip down south to DISNEYLAND!!!

I had never been to Disneyland, any other time than summer! What do you know - they transform the place into a Halloween Fun House for all! It was sooooo gorgeous! Full of fall colors and pumpkins EVERYWHERE!!

My 5 yr old decided that he favorite thing ever was the Haunted Mansion, even though we rode on Astro blasters, Pirates of the Caribbean 50 thousand times..... Disney takes the original Haunted Mansion and transforms it to "The Nightmare before Christmas".... It's fantastic! Fantastic? ( a little know fact about me.... I LOVE (tim burton &) the Nightmare before Christmas...... It's always been my favorite movie, since it came out in the 90's. Anyhow, this was worth the 4 hour car ride -that should have been 2 hours... (helloooooo - LA traffic) and worth the 30 minute wait in line to go through the house that Jack built :)

We had lots of fun with our fall birthday babies..... just a sneak peek of what we have been up to. I hope that late fall and winter will allow me a little more posting opportunities.....
Until then.... go frolic in the crisp, cool air and crunch some leaves for goodness sake!
xo,
amt

3 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful! And you retain the title of "Ringmastress of Fun!" Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOYS! We miss you guys. Did you receive our little package???????????

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be able to just hop in the car and go to Disneyland just about any time you (or the boys!) want! And how cool that Disneyland does seasonal decor (thanks for sharing it- I would have never known!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!