Saturday, February 13, 2010

what a difference 45 minutes can make!

I don't really like to show my "everyday" look to just anyone... but.... I am actually really happy about this look.

Getting a hair cut is something on the bottom pile of priorities for me.... I don't know why but it is. As a SAHM, I almost always end up putting my hair in a pony tail, grabbing my cup of joe and go, go, go! I guess you can say I've been blessed with good genes because my hair grows REALLY fast..... here's about 1 yr and a half's worth of hair grown for me.....

pretty long huh? As you can imagine a mom of two very active boys...... the past few months flew by..... I realized in December that my hair was really long, really long! Only a few inches shy being donation worth. SOOOO... I toughed it out, the past few months, and left it long.... mostly sporting pony tails and french braids.... and today I had a few hours to MYSELF (imagine that!) and I ran down to SUPERCUTS.... yes, yes I know supercuts - remember I said I only had a hours with no hair appointments anywhere..... what else was a girl to do?
BEFORE:

AFTER:

voila! A new me!
I was very happy to be relieved of 12 inches of split ends..... very happy to have short hair, very happy to send it off to make someone else happy. I even got bangs, but as I thought, it only took me about 5 minutes before I barrette'd those bangs off to the side.

So for now.... I am looking forward to some spring like weather. Kinda chilly with out those brown locks on my shoulders on back.... but totally worth it!

xo,
amt

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't believe how long your hair was, girl! Good for you...donating it... that's so great. And you look wonderful, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it Anna ~ you look amazing with both long or short hair with your beautiful smile. And then to send it off for charity ~ you and your wonderful kind heart. Happy Valentine's Day Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look - seems we share a mutual opinion on visits to the hairdresser - I'm never sure if it's dislike, laziness, low priority or pure fear as to what they can do! Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna
    Your hair totally rocks! Looks great on you.
    Though, I must say, your long hair was absolutely beautiful! Wavy curls, long dark locks! Many women would kill for that. (maybe not "kill" but you never know.... :) )
    But regardless, your hair looks aweosme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOT MAMA!!!!! You look great! Thanks for sharing...& Thank you for my surprise in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY SNIKEYS BATMAN!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! The old and the new! I really LOVE the new....it is so you!
    XOXO
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!