Thursday, April 15, 2010

Capital Reef Nat'l Park

Day four, hikes 5 and 6, park 3


On our way from Bryce (home base) to Capital Reef we saw some REALLY amazing rocks. If you have never visited Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument and you ever happen through Utah.... you NEED to go here!! I think Matt and I found a great retirement place... It's absolutely stunning Red, White, Yellow, brown, green all in just amazing formations. In fact, we both want to go back to Utah and spend more time... We both want to start in Escalante. (it rocks)
so this is just one teeny tiny view of the drive from bryce to capital reef......
here's another teeny tiny view.....it's hundreds upon hundreds of acres of ASPENS..... can you imagine this place in the fall? (swoon)
after what we thought was going to be a 2 hr drive..... we finally arrived (4 1/2 hours later) ready and raring to go on the next hike!!!!
but first they had to climb through some holes.....
up we went on hike number 5.... to Cassidy's Arch..... we got a little lost ( we even had the trail map with us....) but around every corner and turn was another breath taking scene of dramatic cliffs or mountains or canyons or arches or or or or..... just stunning views.....
are we there yet?
here's the arch
but we found another canyon instead...
life is good, right? you get lost and unexpectedly find some place really cool...
craving herseys kisses anyone? these come in "chalk-o-late" flavors.... hahaha (seriously - i am the funniest person I know......)
the writing is on the wall.......
This kid could get hot in a snow storm - I was wearing 3 layers and still chilly - I don't get it?
Capital Reef from afar....
my future home town.... (in about 20/25 years)
I don't ask for much in life.... I think one could survive on pizza, beer and gear... don't you think?
xo,
amt

1 comment:

Comments welcome!