Well - it's earth week and I thought - I would check in to see what you are doing to help save the planet..... ??
Music is something I feature periodically at Nest Happenings... I don't know if you "listened" to some of my songs.... they are "earth songs" One Sweet World by DMB, 3 R's & Rainbow by Jack Johnson, Change by Tracy Chapman and Earth Song by Michael Jackson - I'll probablly add some more late this week. Hope you enjoy the tunes and don't find it a huge distraction?
On the crafty front - I have been picking up this mag as often as they publish it...(one small step for anna, one giant step for the craftykind) You can ALWAYS go over to ETSY, most of the items sold there are hand made, which may or may not be "eco- friendly" but you know you are hand crafted by an artisan, hand crafted is better than mass produced - right? Try a query in etsy for the word UPCYCLED and find some truly unique and AMAZING goods.
something small, I did last week that was earth friendly, was collect 20 ink cartridges from my son's school and turned them into cash for the school - We made $60 for the parent club, not bad for very little effort. We are setting up a program for the school that will earn us $60 a month for used cartridges.
Something small you could do is visit here to see what others are doing......
You could watch a movie and get fired up to change the world.... some suggestions.....Wall-E, Erin Brockovich, Free Willie, The day after tomorrow, Running the Sahara, March of the Penguins, An Inconvenient Truth or any of the Planet Earth, Life or Earth programs that are popular on Discovery channel.
You could make a commitment to make one small change in your every day life that would impact the earth... be it recycle, use less water, carry a re-suable bag in your purse so you always have one on hand, contribute/donate to an eco-conscious company.
It does not take much to help out the planet and do your part to make the world a better tomorrow for our future generations...... That's what I try to remind myself in my daily actions.... what kind of impact am I making in my everyday life that will AFFECT my children.
Whatever you do.... I hope you celebrate this glorious and wonderful place, we call EARTH and give your daily routine, a second glance. See if there is a small change you could make to make our earth a little greener.
One of my favorite all time quotes by Mahatma Gandhi....
BE the Change you want to see in the world. I'll be focusing on that quote all month long.....
xo,
amt



Great earth friendly suggestions! We planted a dogwood tree my son brought home for Arbor day. Does that count? And I wanted to THANK YOU for the recycled Sisterhood of the Traveling Box full of goodies!!!! It will be my source for altering postcards and making greetings to RAK folks with. (((hugs))) and big thanks! Love all of the scraps and bits!!!The box will travel to Linda next-- it's her birthday May 19...
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Earth Day! Loved this post. We had grand plans to plant seeds outside and instead got snow and rain...hoping for better weather this weekend and an opportunity to work in the yard! Instead, we upcycled Capri Sun drink pouches from school through Terracycle's drink pouch brigade. We sent in 900 this time!
ReplyDelete