Time off from school and work...... they don't always coincide.... so when they do.... we try to leave dodge....
Seeing as we already live half way around the world... we are taking advantage of traveling to places we NEVER would have given a second thought, if we were living in the US.
Sri Lanka falls under that category...... Not many people you know can say they took a trip there..... Not many people understood why we even considered it...... It was a pretty amazing place. It's lush, it's green, it's exotic, it is 3rd world, it has some drawbacks, but fortunately we lived to blog about.... so soon I will share those pictures with you soon....
for now... I have to share this wacky, weird picture...... The night before we left..... (it was the eve of Christmas eve) We found this strange guy wondering the halls of our hotel.... Never saw a Santa such as he..... Never saw a tree quite so lovely :) This picture is destined to be a Tremblay Christmas Classic. Maybe we can find a better Santa next year? If that is the case, I imagine we will have to head to Europe, because nothing, I mean, nothing says Christmas like Sri Lanka.
Happy New Year!
amt




You MIGHT be able to find that Santa in Las Vegas? Great shot! Can't wait to hear more about this trip.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to hearing about Sri Lanka viewed through your eyes. And what a Santa!
ReplyDeleteFather Christmas with Ray Bans. Gotta LOVE it! I so look forward to your posts! Never a dull moment in your (current) part of the world!
ReplyDelete