Wednesday, January 16, 2008

pictures of art


COOL art - We (my hubby) painted Q's room over the holiday and we FINALLY hung up some pictures in his room - soooo hard to put nails in a freshly painted walls...... anyhow I had to take a pic of these two cool art pics in his room. One of my dailies to inspire....Drew Brophy - we bought this a few years back in Santa Cruz at the original "o'neil" surf shop. I loved the title "pure joy" and obvious rad colors. dude is hanging ten off his board with the sun behind him - SOOOOO COOL ( a little surfer talk for y'all) - this picture inspires to me to be happy in all that I do - even though I don't know how to surf.... something about this surfer's attitude and the pure colors in the print are soooo inspiring to me :) So I hope it will inspire my super Q to find pure joy in all that he does?

Below the brophy is original art for Kingwood Texas! We lived there the past ten years and had a most marvelously humid time making wonderful friends and starting our family. It was certainly our home away from home. Anyhow - Q went to Good Shephard preschool had the most wonderful teachers and learned so much. They had two art auctions and we won this piece it was by their kindergarten students. I loved the colors and thought it would complement the brophy print nicely. Whatta you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!