Friday, May 9, 2008

All because of the love of paper...



Ever since my fabric obsession recently turned to paper (still mostly love the patterns) I have met some cool people (in person and on the net). My dearest prayer MOM and friend, Linda , showed me a whole other world existed out on the internet. She the reason I am blogging and rekindled my creative spirit, and I thank her as much I can for that! :) Anyhow, she's in a christian paper artist group - (ok she practically runs it...) and she kept posting these really cool treasures that she made for swaps and RAKs and others that she received from friends all over the US. Well, to make a short story long, I joined the group and have met some really great and talented women. Like Chris and Nathalie and Katie. I have joined two swaps (joyfully yet reluctantly) as I am trying to expand my paper crafting horizons. I made some inchies and a few ATC houses - I'll post them soon.....

Like I said ...... my short story made long..... A few weeks back - I was challenging my blog visitors to leave a comment and in return I'd make them a card. BTW - I made 7 cards - Faye was the only one who I never got an address for. WELL.... KATIE sent me a treasure back. It's a wall hanging with the letter A, a cute little girl with a crown and rhinestone (oh la la!) OHHHH and WINGS (one of my obsessions) and lastly a great bible verse I would have never thought to have such valuable meaning! "You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not by ink, but with the Spirit of the Living God, not on tablets of stone but on the tablets of human hearts. " 2 Corinthians 5:3 . Y'all - I love it sooo much - it's just precious. I can't believe someone I just met took the time to create this little treasure. Well - It's hanging on my INSPIRATION board (right next to my post-it note.... "I am creative , I am an Artist"... A plug for ALI.... ) and it's going to stay on my board for a very LONG time - Thank You Katie for making my week and thank you Linda for opening my creative spirit to all these wonderful women. You are a rock star!
xoxo
anna

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Anna! I am so proud of you. I have told you time and time again that God had a major plan when he put Linda with you. She is an awesome momma to have. I consider her a huge blessing to myself as well. You are an artist and you are creative! And, you are CRAZY..."and I know you are wearing your boots!":)
    You know who!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!