Happy Mother's day ! I'm a mom of two BEAUTIFUL boys and I am happy to be a nester! It's my thing and I embrace it with all my heart!
My day has been so sweet so far :) My boys (all 3) each gave me a mom's day card first thing this morning. I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee while looking at a mama bird on our back porch!
Here's a picture of the sweet mama bird and her nest she made in our hanging pansy planter basket :)
It's soooooo COOL! She started to make her nest early this last week. I believe she has laid some eggs (she hasn't moved from her nest in a few days). Daddy bird is never far away... he's either on the fence about 20 feet away or on the chimney of our neighbor's house with a perfect view of his wife and future tweeties... that's what the 2nd pic (of the birds) is.... he's on the chimney and she's in the nest. I can honestly say this is my first experience with a bird's nest this up close and personal the added bonus is I get to see it full circle!!! From beginning to end! I'm sooo excited and I really can't think of a better way to spend my mother's day (or mom's season).
Oh yah - we named the mama bird "horton" - we just saw the movie and my youngest son's fav book (for the moment) is "horton hatches an egg" We are a cheesy family like that :)
Have a beautiful Nester's Day!
all my love,
a
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Nester's Day to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Happy Mother's Day to you too Anna! Can't wait to meet you at CKU next month!
ReplyDeleteCarol Zeitz
http://carolzeitz.blogspot.com
Oh...what a smart momma bird! Great nest. We call our cardinals Henry and Louise - doesn't matter where we are - that is our name for all cardinals. Makes things easy. See you soon.
ReplyDelete