Y'all - I don't know what happened - My hubby and i have been keeping a really close eye on the nest checking in every couple of hours or just every-time we walk by the kitchen window. I thought something was funny this morning when I saw that hortence was not in her nest.... I thought maybe just an early breakfast but she has not been at her nest for almost two hours... I saw Horton (daddy) sitting on our iron fence just flying around kinda concerned...... I got our ladder and the found the nest to be empty. I am soooooo sad. I don't know what happened? I can't imagine that anything other than another bird could have got to the nest? It's so far up and there's no way a squirrel or rodent or cat could reach it.... wahhhhhhhhhhh
Signing off with a broken heart :(
anna
Friday, May 16, 2008
Empty Nest - broken heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ohhhhhhhh....I'm so sorry! Maybe they hatched and flew away? I know...it's sad....
ReplyDeleteI know your sadness. This Saturday, I found TWO baby robins, dead, under our pine tree, in our backyard. They did not have their eyes open even. Fell right out of their nest and no chance of flying or getting back to safety because they were not developed enough yet. I buried them in my vegetable garden. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. *sigh* I look forward to seeing their surviving sibling fly.
ReplyDeleteAnna,
ReplyDeleteI am grieving for and with you. What a tender heart you have to care for all of God's creations. Thanks for blessing me! Katie
Hi Anna,
ReplyDeleteWe lost some baby birds last year in a nest on our back porch. So sad. Nature is difficult and complicated. Broke my heart to explain all of that to a 6 yr old :-( Can't wait to meet you at CKU in a few weeks!
Poor babies. Hopefully they hatched and flew away. But, strange Daddy was looking for them. Perhaps he was an abusive fella and Momma had to flee with her children before he returned?? You never know in this crazy world.
ReplyDeleteAW