Thursday, May 29, 2008

last day of Kindergarten?


Oh my word...... It was just yesterday that my oldest was starting kindergarten...... He had a most amazing year with a most amazing teacher.....Mrs. Sosa. She is probably the world's greatest teacher.....My 1st grader certainly thinks so! I remember thru my years of education I will always hold a very fond spot in my heart for my kinder teacher.......There has got be something said about how special teachers are. They give so much of themselves for our future leaders and yet our govt gives them so little in return.... in way of funding, support and salary. (arrrgh...) BACK to kindergarten.......this is him on his first day of kindergarten (august 2007)


This is him on his last day of kindergarten..... (today - may 2008)


Here's him and his special teacher - Mrs. Sosa! Look at the love!! and his CHEESY smile!!


here's him and one of the aides in his class whom he also holds a special spot in his heart for...... miss sandra :)


We had an amazing last day, the teachers put on a slide show and the kids sang to us then a small reception with juice and cookies :) Yum Yum! But for now - all he can think about is....... "SUMMERTIME!!!" , grammy&papa's house, swimming.... and sleeping in.......Folks - just thought I would share some special moments with y'all! My boy's going to first grade, how can that be? He even has two LOOSE teeth (front and center!!) ?? Where is the time going?

5 comments:

  1. I must add...Mrs. Sosa is also the one who taught all of us to say, "Your makin' me grumpy!" when we get upset at someone. Isn't that much nicer that what I normally do??? (Which is flying off the handle with some kinda comment that could hurt) I haven't even met this sweet angel, and she has taught me a little patience.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    I wish I could have him in my first grade class next year! It is so amazing how they change and grow so fast in a school year! Hope your summer is starting out great! Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I can't believe he's already done with kindergarten and TWO loose teeth! My first-born nephew is growing up! Give the graduate and "peter parker" huge hugs from their cousin, tia, and uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that he had a teacher you loved...and he loved. Talk about answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. QT - You make me proud and kudos to Mrs. Sosa for the profound impression she has left in this little one's life.

    Great pictures to capture one of life's defining moments!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!