Some randomness....... this picture is a badly photographed (my cam is not good at close-ups... why i need an SLR!) of my "by the sea" inchies I made for a CPA swap. i had fun playing with crackle paint - glimmer mist - diamond glaze and few sparkles... ohhhh and my 1st pass @ vintage photos from my friend katie :) I'm growing - Linda will be proud....
Two shots of a RAK (random act of kindness) I made for a lady in the cpa who shares the scrappy bug with me :) I actually really tried hard to play with my camera to take a better close up on this.... used natural light and some different shutter speeds....
Last - and most certainly - the most spectacular..... is a BEAUTIFUL photo shot by my friend and accomplished artist Laura. She shot it a few years back in her hometown of Canton, Mississippi. She used some water colors to spruce it up and named it "Quarter Coke". She said it reminds her of the "good ole days" when coke used to cost a quarter. I scored this awesome painted photo on my recent trip to Houston. I was lucky to be staying at her house and about 1 hour before I hopped on the plane.... I asked if I could go through some of her "stashed" art..... She had oodles of it. I also got a GREAT b&W photo of NYC shortly after 9/11 she shot from NJ across the river looking into the spotlights of where the twin towers used to stand. It's very striking and I am just so honored to be able to have a piece of art from Laura. She's doing some amazing things with oil and canvas these days. And I hope I can "score" one of those someday...... ? when she has a "stash" built up. :)
All my love....
MAQI
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Inchies....Raks and Quarter Coke!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yes, I'm very proud! Your inchies look great! We gotta get you a SCANNER!!!!! Love Laura's art ... I want to go through her stash, too!
ReplyDeleteI love the mini album you made as a RAK - so cute!!
ReplyDeleteHave you finished your Evolution album yet - would love to see pics!!?
Helen.x
You have been busy ~ and it all looks so wonderful! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWow...Linda is very proud I am sure of your "inchies". So glad you were able to take a piece of Laura home with you. She is truly talented and gifted in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteAW
I love the RAK mini book!
ReplyDelete