Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ruthless and Toothless - NOLA


Here's my mini book i created from the bookclub kit I put together for JUNE. the challenge was to find a piece of paper (from my MANY piles of paper hanging out in our casa) and create a layout from it or based on it..... Well - I'm a mini book kinda girl- so I created a whole book from my "piece of paper"... I LOVE it!!

It's way girly.... I don't get to do that considering I have two rough n tumble boys :)


here are some of my pages.. the book it self is a basic grey flourish chipboard album.... and I recreated the shape onto other papers. (i.e. transparencies... love all things see thru)

I included things from the hotel... my "piece of paper" that inspired it all was a coaster from the hotel room.... go figure, I'm weird like that.

I used the hotel room key - I glued photo's back to back to create pages as well and found these cool journaling stickers..... that are transparent.... u stick em on the photo and write on the sticker.... super cute - I can't remember who make them?? Sorry - they are a newer product.


I also used crushed velvet cardstock - yummie! alligator print strawberry leather like paper for the cover..... transparent clock sheets, fancy pants rubons......die cuts from my cuddlebug :) and my latest obsession..... transparent RIBBON!!!
It's a fun book I really need to figure out how to upload it as a project. I just found a blog template on my mac sooooo I'm thinking of undergoing a remodel for the blog :) now that i'm into the 3 digits of publications......
Have a BLESSED day - y'all.
xoxo
me

2 comments:

  1. love it! and I'm with you, I love any excuse to do a minibook:) What's the next challenge for the book club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME JOB!! I can't wait to see it. Love the "alligator pink"..makes me want to ROAR! Did you include "TIGHT LIPS"????? Ha...

    AW

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!