Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Visit to my hometown.......

So our summer vacation continues..... phew - 3 weeks away from home can really get you out of sorts. We made it back to BAKo..... School starts in 4 short days!!! What? Where did the time go?? AHHHHHH 1st grade here we come!!!
First day back to Gilroy - we visited the Monterrey bay Aquarium...... (with uncle lawrence)

this is a fish I have never seen before. We usually go to the MBA about once a year..... crazy looking fish aye? I still have NO IDEA what kind of fish this is.... it is part of the "DEEP SEA" exhibit.

The jellies are ALWAYS my favorite exhibit! I was experimenting with my camera and got this fun pic of a diagram of a jellyfish.

We visited Law at his new pad..... he lives in capitola... super sweet spot. OH the luck of LAW.....he can literally walk to is favorite surfing spot.. pleasure point!

next day we went to Gilroy Gardens. A very interesting amusement park of younger kids with a botanical twist.....

frtewld (Q put his two cents in on mommie's blog...) This tree is called a CIRCUS Tree. It really has an arch shaped into it. I believe it's two trees graphed into one giant arch! There are tons of cool things like this scattered thru out the park. ALL the rides are fashioned after vegetables and fruits.... you gotta check my link out....

Cool guys........

Riding on the swan peddle boat with Uncle Law. Marcel and I got a big duckie..... just like the little yellow rubber duckie but human size......

Here uncle Law took a picture of himself. I gave him the camera for a while and said "go to it....." found this after I downloaded the pictures.... I love it!

Went to see North Swell live.... in san jose (blank club) Went to Sonia's killer pad for the night too!

Back to Gilroy Gardens this time with NANA!! Giant Garlic ride. Did I mention that Gilroy is Garlic Capital of the world??

Marz stole the camera from my bag... took this pic of Nana - cute huh?

Last day visiting the north bay...... we went to RIO DEL MAR my mom's local favorite beach :) Mine too........ This is a sand castle community the boys made with nana (can you say planned community?) Oh there was a giant volcano in the middle of it all - courtesy of Marcel's recent visit to Vossil Valls (fossil falls) they are totally into volcanos......

Last pic is of my crazy..... laid face down in the sand - was blowing out sand for days..... he's a nut! Ok you might notice the different colored words embedded in my text - try clicking on them to take you somewhere different..... I recommend the north swell or gilroy gardens link...... ALSO the pics seem small but you can click on them to enlarge the image :)

xoxo
annie bunannie
(my gilroy name)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time! Thanks for the virtual vacation! Love the garlic ride. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post -- I love seeing all that you have been up to this summer. You are one busy gal!

    P.S. I LOVE the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and can't wait to take Rip there some day soon.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!