alas - I have some pictures to share with you on a mini book I made for my grandfather. The book is one of many minis I have made this year for my book club.... all the papers (except for the album covers) are from our July kit. Every month we meet and get a kit of papers and embellishments (worth $10). Every few months we pick a new book..... we are currently using is Life Artist from ALI.... we take challenges from the kit and create layouts from there. This particular month's challenge was to use the entire kit.... I used ALL of it but one 6x6 flowery paper...I was happy with my end result and I am headed to Gilroy this weekend to give it to my Grandfather. You can click on the pictures to make them larger if you wish to see detail.... getting closer to getting an SLR so I take much better pics of my projects...... :)
STAR SPANGLED SERVICE
this is the cover I used with a WHITE acrylic 6x6 album from D Reeves Design House first heard of her from my guru ALI......
inside cover - first pic in air force
page 3&4 (all the pages are wht cardstock (plain or covered with pattered paper from my BOM July Kit)
grandma in his uniform
page 5&6
a letter to my grandpa from HARRY S Truman
pages 7&8
family photos from 1952
pages 9 & 10
my mom and the proud dad
pages 11 & 12
the wars he served in, and the 22 medals of Honor he earned !!!
pages 13 & 14
retirement from the service after 20 yrs
back cover:
Thanks for bearing with me and my craft. It's part of what makes me... me! For those of you who know (and love) me, and you think you might want to try and make a book like this.... ASK me.... I'd be happy to help you along your way. It's really fun and rewarding, once you have a finished product :) Ohhhhh, I do have some good news on my crafting side, I am going to be teaching my first class in October (then again in November) on Christmas Tags. We'll be making 25 cute little gift tags for those special Christmas gifts. I'll post a link when it gets closer to the date. Right now I am only on the calendar and don't have anything yet displayed.
Much love,
Anna
Thursday, September 11, 2008
a creative escape
Posted by
Anna
at
8:08 PM
Labels: minibooks, my bookclub, scrapbook club
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What a wonderful little book! You make it look so easy. Why am I NOT scrapbooking my kids in minis? You inspire me, Anna. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! How exciting that you will be teaching classes! You talented thing, you! Now you can spread your talents to others!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAHOOOOOOOOOO!! Your teaching a class!!!! I want to learn! If not, send some to me!
ReplyDeleteAmanda