Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm not playing with a full deck :)

Gals and Dolls -

One of my online groups (linda got me to join)...... Christian Deck, Linda is organizing a group to make ATC's equivilant to the number of cards in a deck.... 52 (i think?) anyhow..... we pick a card and a bible verse that has to do with LOVE and make an atc.... She scans them in- sends them to a printer.... everyone orders a few decks and the printer prints them out.... she mails them back.... we all get customized decks of cards with everyone's art. It's really cool!
This is my first time participating in a swap, as such, but I think this group has put out several decks of card. It seems like a lot of work for the organizer, no? (it is....) anyhow.... I was able to design two cards..... 6 of hearts and 4 of spades.
For my 6 of hearts card I used this image....

It's from 1920's (i believe) It's my grandmother and her godmother on her baptism day. Unfortunately since the card is 2 1/2 by 3/12 I really did not have a lot of room to work with.... so her godmother, Ramona (her aunt) did not make the actual ATC. I used my Grandmother and Jesus (with a gold crown... and the verse "1 Corinthians 13:7" {Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.} This verse really embodies how I truly feel about my grandmother. She amazes me everyday. She is a pillar of strength and has more love to give than I could ever dream up. I am fortunate to still have her in my life and I am soooooooo blessed that my two boys have grown to know and love her very dearly. She is a very special person in my life and I just feel so honored that I was able to make this ATC about her. She loves playing cards and so that will be an added bonus when she gets a deck to use with her friends down at the senior center :) Of course.... I forgot to scan the image/ photograph the image.... so right now it in en-route to Linda and well I'll upload it later.
My second card (4 of spades) is of this picture..... and yes I did photograph the ATC... but it too is en-route to houston and I want it to be a surprise.... for linda.


This last picture is the image of the ATC I made as an entry for the back design of the whole deck of cards......

I twisted the wire into a heart shape and glued silver metallic wings with a red rhinestone heart to the center and named the card as "Love conquers all" It was a fun ATC. I'm really getting into the whole ATC size for making paper art..... it's way fun :)

1 comment:

  1. And your cards are so beautiful. I'll scan them in soon...maybe today. Yes, it is a lot of work. Why don't you ask if anyone wants to buy some from you and you can order them in our big order? hmmmmmmmm? Gotta get that order number up there. ha And there are 54 cards .... two jokers! Really.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!