Monday, February 2, 2009

broken open....

I'm reading a new book.... in all my free time :)


This quote is truly speaking to me......... No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. Albert Einstein

It's truly an amazing book about breaking your soul open to discover who you really are. If you are a follower of Nest Happenings you know my word for 2009 is LISTEN. What better way to truly listen..... listen to my soul. My sister in law gave me this book because I sometime struggle with happiness (trust me - we don't want to open that can of worms), she thought it might help (the book). Here's the funny part..... she the AMAZING woman (first and foremost) is a prolific reader and a post-doc scholar at UCSC. She said she felt funny recommending a book she had not yet read herself... so she read it. And strangely it made sense to her - I'm not sure that you really have to be going through a "difficult time" to understand this book. The title says "Broken Open" how difficult times can help us grow. This book and the author make amazing sense (so does my sis in law)- I high recommend this read - you might surprise yourself and find yourself transformed even when you were not meaning to be transformed!

food for thought!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! I think I have received an ATC from you today in the Cyberfyber Random Swap. I have written about it on my blog and linked to you. It's a lovely ATC, thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm........I gotta check that one out. Glad it made a difference. Most importantly, I am glad you LISTENED! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be silly!!! I go through difficult times too!! I just process so damn often that I end up getting over it fairly quickly. Thanks for the really nice compliments! -Tía Rebeca

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!