Wednesday, February 18, 2009

crafty nester......

Before kids.... I used to be a quilter...... cross stitcher and embroidery queen.... but then came the fear of my kids touching my beloved bernina/scissors and needles.... and well - It has taken a bit of the back burner these days. Although recently, some very mischievous friends of mine.... Linda and Nathalie re-ignited the spark so to speak..... and well I had so much fun stitching .... I think I'm going to try some more stitching projects..... I have not done anything with these - I was going to make a mini quilt but well..... I had a little talk with myself and decided - I really don't have time right now for all that..... small projects anna... listen to what you can handle at the present moment..... listen- listen- listen.....

below is a beautiful needle case from Linda for Hearts day......... I LOVE how she printed words on the muslin and stitched it to the heart.... and love the word she choose "grace" - my first thought was "His grace covers all" ........

Below is a monochromatic layout for my "bookclub"..... pic is my brother - who is obviously a COOL CAT! I had a super hard time deciding where to put the words.... which is why they are not attached....

Alas, My altered book..... about love.... I was so completely inspired by a somerset issue called "IN LOVE" that I had to have a try with it..... I have convinced three friends to be guest artist in this book, and I am just soooo excited about it, I can't decide who to send it to first ?? help!




That's all for today, I'm off for a walk with the dogs...... It's sunny and clear - I'm gonna go soak it up .....
xoxo,
Anna

4 comments:

  1. Can I get on your guest artist list? I would LOVE to do a spread or two in your first ever altered book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitching. It's soooooo sweet. You need to just save it a use will appear. Am I a guest artist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Grace one! That is what we are naming our baby. :)
    19 more weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful projects! and I love that you are telling yourself to LISTEN and keep the projects small:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!