Tuesday, February 24, 2009

just another day at the old nut farm :)

Being a mother of two boys can keep one busy......
Being a stay-at-home-mom of two very busy boys can keep one exhausted! Welcome to a day in the life of a nester of two very busy boys......

The day starts innocently enough..... this cute little character winks and flashes his yummy dimple at me.....no worries mom.... you can take a break... I've got the situation under control.....

So I sneak off the computer.... for a quick blog/email check..... I get sucked into god knows what....... and I realize the boys are dressing up in to power rangers and pirates.... they come ask for some swords..... I oblige - buy myself a few more minutes on the internet..... They duel it out in the backyard.... sweet I hear them - they are running up and down the side yard.... cool - let's go see whose doing what on facebook...... (big mistake about 10/15 minutes...go by....) SILENCE.... where did they go?
proceed cautiously to the backyard... you never know when one might get taken captive by a rogue pirate.... hum.... let's try the side yard...... nothing...... try other side yard.... oh crap! they opened the gate to the front yard! RUN - my babies are in the front yard.. I hear other noises..... I can walk.. they are near.... here's what I see.....

Where in the world did that chair come from? Marz.... what are you doing?

Marz: I'm watching basketball......
Where's Q?
skateboarding.........

AHHHHH!
The next morning......he's sneaking out quietly to the backyard.....he's ANDY (as he says it....) aka... Indy....indiana jones....

note to self: GO make sure the back gate is locked!

6 comments:

  1. Were they "makin' you grumpy"? Ha! I would not expect anything less from your boys. If only my little guy was there, he would have orchestrated something a little worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blog. It is a such a joy to my day . You guys are funny!!!! SARAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where DID he get the chair from? You are so very blessed. If you had girls they would've been in your makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. testing........ a new way to comment... do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO funny! -Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehehahahahaha and I thought I was the ONLY one who let the kids raise themselves while I am traveling the INternet!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!