Sunday, March 15, 2009

Asian ATC Swap

I am hosting an Asian ATC Swap over at the CPA.... here is a peek at the ATC's I made :)

Back in Dec. We spent a few days in China Town (San Fran style) and of course I needed to get a few souvenirs for my crafting habit.... and then the idea was born..... what am I going to do with these papers? Host a swap!....
I originally wanted to do something chinese (as the papers are from CHINA...). I also purchased a bracelet with a bunch of chinese coins (later cut them off -because I was only interested in the coin charms) so I set out to make a Chinese ATC with the coins attached somehow.... ? Not sure how I ended up at origami? Classic Anna style.... I constantly set out to do one thing but it's never what I originally intended.... I know this drives my husband crazy.... I try sooooo hard to plan ahead and follow my path... but I end up somewhere totally unexpected. Oh well - I am embracing who I am - Listening to my soul - and gosh darn it - I really love these ATC's I did not intend to make....... So it's ASIAN fusion at it's best.... chinese paper with a japanese yukata

As a "world tour" party gift - I made everyone in the swap these MOO cards..... They are my MOO cards I ordered from MOO.com but I altered them with more of the chinese paper and added the COIN that I really wanted to use with some fibers.... I enclosed all the moo cards in an envelope that says "GOOD LUCK" in chinese.

Side note: I had a super sick little monkey on my hands this weekend.... he had 102 "beaver" in his ear all weekend - beaver is a fever.... he decided yesterday that he needed to "shake that beaver out" Love him!

xoxo,
anna

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are Fabulous!!! Your swap participants are very lucky indeed! Sorry for your sick little monkey ~ he looks so sweet laying there in bed. I hope he is all better by now! Many Blessings sweet friend, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ONE time I wished you posted your photos larger! I KNOW I can click on the photo, but I hate waiting for it to load larger! gripe, gripe, gripe!

    All of your cards are WONDERFUL! OOo, SO glad we all get a moo card! You are so good about sending swap souveniers to everyone!

    I mixed Chinese and Japanese on my ATCs too- Chinese writing and a geisha rubber stamp. I always wonder if that offends Chinese and Japanese people? I mix their graphics with wild abandon because I love them all! And frankly, because I can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese writing. Dare I say, "they all look alike"?

    Hope the beaver is long gone. Those things show up uninvited and rarely leave without help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beavers in K-town last week, too! Not at my house tho!! If you used 2 columns your pics would be larger. ??? Just starting out on the path is the thing.... and you are sooo good at that. I have trouble finding the path! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa...look at you...you took the word verification off! You are livin on the wild side!!! rofl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry..I just have so much to say! I love your ATCs and those MOO cards you altered. I'm sorry I couldn't join this swap...I will do a world tour one soon. Like I said...I can't always make it to the path... I'll catch up...you just keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ATC's and Moo cards - very, very cool and isn't that the best way to create anyhow - go with the flow and let the plans make themselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh! those cards are so cool!!!!! hope you are doing great. i am finally getting some blog surfing done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!