Thursday, April 30, 2009

embracing my inner nester

So I have been on a roll... using product packaging to make art...... this picture below was product packaging from my mom's house..... over spring break, we left dad in charge of the kids and crafted together, for a few hours..... I made about 6 cards using all her "stuff". It was fun to use someone else's loot..... I loved some of the cards I created.. but since my mom is a busy career woman I decided I would make all the cards for her to send to her friends.....maybe I'll get lucky and get one myself in the mail? (hint, hint mom) I digress...... anyhow, she had these love stickers in a heart shaped box....... we used all the stickers and were ready to recycle the box..... when I realized I loved the size of it...... hummmmmmm. Maybe I create some kind of 3d art from it?
here's what I came up with.......

I called it "love nest". I so, desperately hoped a birdie would find our backyard suitable for nesting this spring but it has not yet happened :( So - I made my own nest...... for Linda. Linda is my original nest queen..... she is a master of making GREAT scripture nest and made me realize my love for these beautiful creatures. While in NYC (a few months back), I visited a yummie store called Tinsel Trading CO - OMG - a store with nothing but embellishments - not just any embellishment BUT mostly vintage ones!!!! YUM YUM...... this was one of the few stores I had a spending spree in..... in the picture above..... you will notice a little yellow birdie..... I found him there...... the nest was already made (Michael's floral department) the flowers are prima - (wild wood coil mushroom collection) the patterned paper is anna griffin - the vintage tag is from tinsel town, too. Bonus.... there are REAL robin's eggs in the nest :) feathers, too.....

This picture is another recycled product packaging creation..... can you guess what it is? All patterned paper is Bo Bunny - "it's my party" line

What can you create from random product packaging?? My friend Laura from JUST PLAIN AND FANCY has created this AMAZING layout from some Tim Holtz packaging.......it's sooooo cool! GO see!!!!
xo,
amt

1 comment:

  1. I L O V E my art nest! You are the bestest of the best, Anna!!! Behve in LV...ruthless and toothless!! I'm putting my art nest on my blog tomorrow.... gotta go watch the Rockets!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!