over at my favorite yahoo hangout... "the CPA" ...... one of our friends Cindy E. hosted a "cereal box journal swap"
The main concept of the swap is to create a journal out of product packaging... it did not have to be actual cereal boxes.... I received my journal from Phyllis in WA.
Here is is in all it's beauty...
Phyllis was so thoughtful... she actually send me a questionnaire before making the journal... with what your fav. this/ what's your fav that.... she also said that she was praying for me the entire time she was making the journal... (love her!)
Right now, with spring and all - my fav color is yellow - but ironically - I have never made a paper project in yellow? weird huh? (typical anna - I am not a huge fan of pink... but I can't believe how much pink stuff I have..... oh the irony) So much to my own delight I now have a whole book dedicated to YELLOW!!! And I plan to add lots of Yellowy things to my very special journal.
So part of the swap instructions were to create the journal completely from scratch (which is something I LOVE to do.... take a project right from the beginning and create it the way my heart guides me....) listen ... listen ...listen..... I rarely have a plan..... more swap instructions: Add lots of pages for the recipient to alter anyway of their choosing....
more instructions: It would be ok add our touch by playing with a page or two.......
My dear Phyllis - she had fun in my book and I am sooo gratuful - I love all of pages she played in :) here are just a few.....
beautiful......
love her doodling - love what she doodled even MORE....... 
a great little surprise envelope enclosure. I already added something special here......
note to self: don't forget to have a spot of tea while making paper art....... :)
goodness knows I should be brewing up this tea... and get working on my journal for Christi (sorry girl - I promise it will be to you by the deadline - I've been collecting all kinds of cool packaging for your journal.... ) xo
Alright -want to see some more journals the CPa ladies have made? Here are a few
Linda's ......
Patty (she was not even in the swap!!!)
Nathalie
Lorrie's
Here's the link to lady who inspired the swap.... prepare yourself for some wickedly awesome journal art
Teesha Moore
Now - if I could only get mine going ???? I will post pics soon - I fully intend to have fun while making a mess creating christi's journal.... It's going to be all about gesso/ paint and two caprisun packages....... I'm dreaming red/yellow and orange..... (she sent me in that direction :) btw - I found my point and shoot camera.... so I am now back in business to post pics on my blog. Meanwhile, my baby (d-slr) is off to the doctor on the east coast..... (oh how the absence makes my heart grow fonder....)
xo for now,
anna
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
a cereal box journal swap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The cereal box journal swap was/is great fun!!! I have made several already. Loved seeing the inside of the one Phyllis sent you. Hope your D-SLR gets back home soon!
ReplyDeleteHi Anna,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun journal. This has been a great swap and has inspired me to look at packaging in a whole new way!
Lorrie