I previewed the journal I received a few days back from Phyllis ... now here's a pictorial preview of the one I made..... for Christy in Virgina:
My main goal was to create a red and yellow journal to inspire creativity. My take on the journal's genre...... kitcshy campy scrapper meets gypsy vintage recycler.... (is there even such a thing?)
it started out innocently enough with two caprisun boxes and some gesso and red paint....... 
then I added a mix of red and yellow papers - purposely left the barcodes on all the papers (when possible) and lots of "randomness". I think I rocked the randomness part :) I include a vintage library card from CORDER .... courtesy of my friend Nathalie.... ohhhh and vintage wallpaper (can u tell?)
where possible i added product packaging that was craft related...... (fun :) found a really great embossing powder by ZING! it's a great color (mustard). I'll be using more of this soon. 
some vintage ephermera from 7 gypsies...... (love them!)
some random mailings received from my place of residence.....
holy collage batgirl.... I tried it! - indie scrapper style :)


above - I love acrylic so I added a few acrylic pages and some acrylic packaging..... a vintage book page pasted on is from Shakespeare - the Comedy of Errors (nice!)
below - some transparent packaging - with a sticker story......
back cover view...... had to include a "do not remove" label.....
And the front cover - finished.... yes - tilt your head to get a better view :) my own comedy of errors - I forgot to rotate the picture before I added (opps) I'll put it in the mail tomorrow miss christy..... 
xo, anna
Sunday, May 3, 2009
a cereal box journal swap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Kitcshy campy scrapper meets gypsy vintage recycler?! YOU JUST DESCRIBED ME!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun journal!
Love the scrap journal you made for Christy, it's wonderfully, whimsy and fun! She is a lucky woman!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Ashlyn
That was the best swap EVER! So glad I could play. Anna, I think you might like my new blog, www.handboundweekly.blogspot.com. Neat books from all over Etsy. :)
ReplyDeleteawesome!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete