So per last post - I mentioned some time off WORK for good behavior. The DH and I headed to Vegas, for the wkend, to see a band we had never seen before..... Dave Mathews Band (DMB) . I being a music lover of all genres had no doubt that I would enjoy the show but was not a particular DMB fanatic. Little did I know I was in for one groovy ride. We get there... (friday afternoon) meet up with our good friends "the B's" from Mammoth, hang our by the pool and talk about the plan for the night and when we get to the show - yada yada..... Greg otherwise known as Shred asked are you pumped or what? i was like "uh - yah I think......" fast forward a few hours later - we are at my first show and the music was awesome, did not have the best seats (we did not have a direct view of the band but all in all I enjoyed the night as I knew I would...... being a fan of live music
Next day comes...... we have tickets for both nights........ again spent the day vegging at the pool... shred ask... "so are you hooked yet?" I said..... "uh - yah sure" fast forward a few hours later....... we are at my 2nd show and I was blown away.......
First - I must say being that we did not have good tickets the first night in terms of seeing the band (we were close but I really could not see them - because I'm short..... once everyone stood up it was all over for me.....) So that night I took in the overall experience...... Most importantly, the music was very impressive - they have one sax player, a violin player, an amazing drummer, one bassist, one electric guitarist and Dave.... (a distinctly amazing voice) - so I dug the music....... but I mostly people watched....... trust me lots of people to watch - sold out show. The energy of the crowd was fantastic. The types of people that were in attendance astounded me....... Holy smokes.... there were cross generations..... cross cultural..... people of all kinds...... how could this be..... this a rock band? What - everyone know the lyrics?.... dude - they all are rocking out ?..... am I the only one here who does not quite get it? Hummmmm
Next night - going to the show I was excited to hear them again but mostly hoping I would get to see them as they play - as I am a very visual person. Again, the energy of the crowd was very impressive...... Again we sat by all variety of people...... Most everyone who had traveled from all over to see DMB. Retired RVers directly behind us.... Young college types in front..... Mom's and dads (just like me) with their kids...... White / black - young / old - city / country... all full on Dave-heads....... WOW. I did get a GREAT view of the band the second time and it made all the difference... I could put all the piece together - I could see the LOVE for music in their souls. These guys (DMB) they might be rock stars but they sure don't act like it.... they just look like regular folks you might see at the grocery store...... just regular folks like you and me...... I can't not express upon you enough how great the music is..... I mean a rock band with a violin and sax player.... come on.....
They are talented indeed and they made a new fan in me...... So if you have never been to a DMB show - it has my stamp of approval - I highly recommend it. Listening to band via CD just does not do it justice...... you should see them live if at all possible - once in your life.
Watch the clip (still probably won't give the experience I am speaking of) this song was the show closer Saturday night.....
so Shred to answer your question...... Yes, I am in ;>
xo,
Anna
Monday, May 11, 2009
DMB - vegas style
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love me some Dave Matthews!!! One really cool thing is that he does duets with just about everybody you've ever heard of -- spend some time on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. I really like a slower song he does with Kenny Chesney, "I'm Alive."
ReplyDeleteRock on!
ReplyDeleteI love DMB too! Very unheard of in England, so I always felt I was uber-cool to 'dig' them having picked up on their music when visiting the US!! Bet the show(s?) rocked!
ReplyDelete