Tuesday, July 28, 2009

African Expedition

Over at my e-hangout, Christian Paper Artist (CPA), I hosted an ATC swap of the African influence. I am actually hosting a reoccurring swap called "World Tour", we traveled thus far to Paris, Far East Asia and Africa.
This time for my hostess "gift" I decided to make a passport of all the places we have traveled. I will post those pics soon (still working on it). Anyhow, I am sharing my atc with you... I really wanted to use a variety of papers that might reflect the exotic feel of an african safari. The image is a vintage french image of "north africa". I liked the mosque like shaped peephole with camels and building in the background. I used some hambly screen-prints of cheetah and zebra prints. For the ATC background, I used a faux snake-skin paper.

My dear friend Nathalie, knew I was hosting this swap and out of sheer genius on her part altered this VINTAGE African Postcard.
I received it a few months ago (or at least it feels like a few months) and I read it... and I chuckled.... I recently looked at it again and I think I finally "got it" This postcard is soooooooo cleaver constructed. Click on it and read her story of Lion's visit to Africa. :)

Nathalie - you are a total GENIUS and an amazing artist. Thank you for amazing inspiration via your blog and art work, which I am lucky to have some of!! I am so blessed to have you as my friend.

Hope your blog-hopping takes you somewhere exotic today!
xo,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!