This dog could really fly......
He was born into border collie royalty. A descendant of Sage brush Roy of the Wind River Range in Wild Wild Wyoming. He was breed to be a cattle dog. Roaming the range..... rounding up horses, sheep, goats, cows..... When given the opportunity - with no training - he knew exactly what he was breed to do. Yet, somehow he realized his true love at a very young age...... frisbees and tennis balls and an occasional stick of butter.
This dog nearly chewed us out of house and home in his first year of life..... but we loved him anyway. This dog was the reason we bought our first house with a BIG backyard for him to run. This dog was the reason we got our first cat, to keep him company. This dog was the reason we got our second dog.... to keep him company. :) This dog was the reason we got our second house.... with an even bigger backyard for our growing family and entourage of animals. This dog was the reason we traveled hundreds of miles around Texas to compete in flyball tournaments. This dog was the reason I honed in on my mothering skills before we had children. This dog was so wickedly smart, he figured out how to survive a few pounds of chocolate bingeing ... This dog is the reason we spent hundreds of dollars in vet bills, after swallowing stinky socks. This dog is the reason my heart grew two sizes the day we met. This dog will forever be the reason there is an empty spot in my heart that only his memory can fill. He will be sorely missed and never forgotten.
Rest in peace, Enzo. May you always be surrounded by bright yellow "new smell" tennis balls, room temperature sticks of butter and a few stinky socks in heaven.
your family,
maqi
Thursday, July 9, 2009
This Dog....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm sure he's running right this minute!!! Chasing a tennis ball! What a special, special friend he was....he was family. I'm so sorry you have to go through this heartache...but it comes with loving, doesn't it.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear of your loss. I know the pain in your heart seems endless. In time the pain will be filled with nothing more than sweet memories of a life together!!
ReplyDeleteNorma Olivares Castro
Awwww hunny - that sucks. Hope you're not all hurting too bad and can rememeber the good stuff while your hearts heal.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautifully written tribute! What a well-loved pet! What a good life he had with a loving family! I know all about losing a furry member of your family and sitting on the stairs and wailing ~ I feel your pain dear. Loving prayers to you sweetie and may God heal and make your pain bearable. Love you! Katie
ReplyDeleteVery well said, Anna. I am sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteHeaven got a little crazier with Enzo walking in! Not only is he chewing on "stinky socks", room temp butter, chocolate, new and neon yellow tennis balls, he I am sure is eating a few brand new "I PODS". Heeeehaaaaa..... I am also sure that God has prepared a table that is endless that he doesn't have to work too hard at counter surfing. Enzo was an incredible dog with one of the biggest hearts I know. His main purpose in life was to steal toys from the boys, win tournaments and drive his momma a little extra crazy. I will remember him for those things. Here is to Enzo......
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Matt & Anna,
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you guys. Enzo will be missed. You guys truely loved him and he is in heaven right now playing with Molly and Nellie and Chelsea and AJ and all the others that went before him. My heart aches.
God Bless,
Denise
Joey & Maggie(aka: little black turd)
I didn't know Enzo, and I am fairly new to flyball. Just know that to this day Enzo stories are still being told about what a great dog he was. Sorry to hear of your loss, but I know Enzo stories will continue to circulate so his memory will always live on.
ReplyDeleteAwwww....What a beautiful life he inspired. Enzo sounds amazing!!I pray he also gets to enjoy some more chocolate while in Heaven, without worrying about getting sick.
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs to you and your family!!
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story about such a terrific companion!!
Hugs, Ashlyn
Anna, I am SO sorry about Enzo. It is SO tough to lose our puppies, isn't it? But my dad said to me long ago, "God only lends them to us for so long, and then he calls them back". Hang in there -- Enzo is watching you from the big park in the sky.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about you...
Matt & Anna,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this news. You gave Enzo a great life and I know how much you will miss him. I'm so glad I got to play ball with him again when we visited you guys a few months ago. Ellen and I are thinking of you.
Mike & Ellen