one thing, I do not do very well is a two page layout (lo).... I am challenged, with the what seems to me, a massive amount of space, 12" x 24". One of my goals in my crafting is to try things "out of my comfort zone". This is one for sure (2 pg. lo). I think easier, more naturally, on a mini scale...... So I knew if I was going to attempt the 2 page lo.... I would need to have several pictures.... and at least one bigger than 4 x 6. These pictures for sure fit the bill... I took them on our trip back to Gilroy a few weeks back. I was experimenting with my camera on manual mode. I LOVE how they turned out..... I can not tell you what aperture I had the camera set at.....but I LOVE the effect. (movement in the background but the foreground in focus). .... click on the picture to see the detail...
We were at the Gilroy Gardens..... on the hot air balloon ride. The boys were by themselves and I was in a balloon by myself. I shot over 60 pictures on this ride alone..... I deleted a lot too.... I LOVE digital photography!!! I love my camera, too!
my metal accent of choice..... Tim Holtz tokens..... - I felt they were perfect for this "lo" as we were at an amusement park! (please note: how those cute tokens are attached!!! Tim's "tiny attacher" !!! OHHHHH, it is so fun to use!! Behind the tokens are "paper whimsies" by sassafras..... all paper is by sassafras, as well.
To be honest..... I think this layout is so-so...... for me, it's the pictures that make the layout (lo). It's too little simple, I would have loved to add more details but I just didn't know what to do..... (again.... scared off all that overwhelming space to fill!)
Hope you have a joyful weekend,
xo, anna
Thursday, July 16, 2009
up, up and away......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Well....you seem to be comfortable now... lOoKs grEat! hee hee
ReplyDeleteThe photos are awesome! I love the whole Sassafrass line -- there isn't anything in there that isn't whimsical with that vintage flair. Great use of their paper whimsies!
ReplyDeletegreat layout! i love 2 page 12x12 layouts, and i'm so glad to hear you are trying new things -- it's inspiring!
ReplyDelete