I've been having a little too much fun whipping up my version of potions and spells, this year. My boys are totally into halloween, especially if it's spooky, slimy, creepy or crawly.... nothing too cutesy because that would be for "girls" (ew......)
I started with some labels I purchased off of etsy, A fanciful twist posted a tutorial on how to create the jars but I was able to make it "ANNA-esque" by doctoring up some of my own twists.... here's a peek at what I have made so far..... (3 jars more til I am complete)
dragon's breathe.....
potion #9
I can't keep my kid out of the "wool of bat" that means black feathers all over the piano on which these jars reside.....
butterfly kisses (xoxo)
magic spell (my favorite jar by far..... I squished a skeleton from the dollar store in this jar then sprayed adhesive into the jar and glitterfied it! fun!
eyes of newt! (ew - gross - thank goodness they are chocolate eyeballs.....)
here they are all together.....
The big book in the middle is a FAUX spell book I got at hallmark years ago... It opens up to a Witchy laugh.... again... I can't keep my boys from opening and closing this book over and over...... oh well...... it's been fun decoration with them.... we even bought some tombstones this year. VERY COOL!
We are gearing up to be especially spooky this year...... Q wants to be the "money you could be saving from Geico" a sign that we watch entirely WAY too much baseball (go Giants!) and the other is going to be an astronaut. (There are benefits to "just saying NO to spiderman") Thankfully, G and P already got him the astronaut suit.... all we had to was order the helmet and they'll be off to charm the neighbor in a few short days..... HOLY smokes that means I'll have to dust off the Christmas decorations asap! AHHHH - where has this year gone???
Saturday, September 26, 2009
halloween decorating...
Posted by
Anna
at
2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love things in jars! Toooooooo much wonderfulness!
ReplyDeleteYOur jars are AWESOME! I am not a big Halloween fan, but you are converting me.
ReplyDeleteQ is HILARIOUS with the Geico gag! That is a genius costume idea!
Love the skeletons and eyeballs!
ReplyDeletei love Halloween too! Great decorations:) We are VERY excited about the spooky holiday around here...
ReplyDelete