How blessed am I to have such wonderful friends....? How blessed am I to have such wonderfully talented friends? (very!!)
I received YET another treasure from Corder, MO. I've actually been thinking of road tripping there to find out what kind of goodness they put in the water to make it's residents so talented? (hehehe) A few months back I posted a "gypsy book" I made for myself as a tribute the gypsy soul I have become via my crafting ..... and for my major love of 7 gypsies&tim holtz... One of my bloggy friends really liked it! She asked if we could do a swap..... I agreed whole heartily, because I find it so fun to exchange art with friends.... not to mentioned I was completely flattered that someone liked my work ..... (that's always reassuring). SO, I made one (gypsy book) for Miss Ashlynn and she happens to be pals with Nathalie.... a good online friend. They actually live in the same small town of Missouri. What are the chances of that? Told you they must be putting some artist super powers in the water there! another talented lady I know living in Missouri must get her water from Corder, too!
Well, somehow Nathalie saw the book, in person, and liked it..... we email regularly and somehow came up on the subject of it.... we agreed to a swap.... I KNEW instantly that I would be the luckier one of the receiving end. She sooooo talented and I am soooooooo inspired every time I go to her blog..... Well - she sent my swap art BEFORE I could put hers in the mail..... so I knew I was in trouble and had to figure out how to make the gypsy book even better than before? (ahhhhh! the pressure)
I sent my end of the bargain off this morning and now I feel I need to do justice to the art I received......
Nathalie made this treasure out of metal ephemera. How COOL is all this yumminess? I LOVE the keys, my fav is the key with wings (delish!) Then there that heart of wool! the bingo marker, the mini domino..... ALL of it just sends me over the moon every time I look at it! I showed it to my husband and he we was totally impressed... I thought the metal really rocked it! totally checking out the construction of the metal mesh.... and the frame.... (such a guy!)
NOW - the most important decision of ALL...... where do I hang this yumminess?
decisions .... decisions......
xo, anna
Monday, September 28, 2009
amazing art!
Posted by
Anna
at
1:48 PM
Labels: blessings, inspiration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is AWESOME! I agree...what's up with Missouri?
ReplyDeleteYou are TOO kind. I have yet to post about your FABULOUS GYPSY JOURNAL! Really, does life get any better than this? Swapping for EXACTLY what you want?
ReplyDelete