while I am not an advocate for brainwashing... I do believe that it is perfectly fine to plant the seed EARLY in the brains of little boys that they really do have the COOLEST mom on the block, living in the same household as them.....
trust me... it has helped to improve their image of me.... when I am not so popular in letting them have their way every-time they thing they should.....
So to prove that I can be the coolest mom on the block..... I picked my youngest up from preschool, after having a bike parade thru the church parking lot..... I decided we need to CELEBRATE! 
why celebrate a plain ol' friday?
it occurred to me as I saw my little monkey riding his bike with all the other kids.... that he is really getting big - FAST! (yikes) he starts kindergarten next year...... he's pretty much a free thinker these days, too.... so I'm not sure how much longer he'll believe that I am the coolest mom on the block?
As we loaded up in the car.... he told me his hair was in his eyes...... I asked what he would like to do about that...... He said a trip to "SuperHairCuts" would be fantastic..... so off we went.....
side note - it's always a little bit dangerous taking the boys into superhaircuts..... because they have their walls covered with mirrors and attached to mirrored walls are glass shelves with lots of hair products.... and they are all at the eye level of a 5 year old..... (see where I am headed......) after a hair cut...... we usually head to baskin-robins (the old 31 flavors) but since we had not had lunch yet.... we went to Johnny Rocket's instead.
I figured a milk shake was in order.... the hamburgers were not bad either...... At Johnny Rockets, we listened to the jukebox music in the background.... I was throughly impressed when my son requested "the screaming song" it's know otherwise know to you as "I FEEL GOOD" by James Brown. Since it was halloween season, we also selected "SPOOKY" by Classics 5. We sang along in unison, thankfully there were only 2 other customers in Johnny Rockets...... a grumpy older man, who quite frankly I thought could use some cheering up or maybe a chuckle from Marcel and I, and little girl and her daddy. So... we sang...... never made the Grumpy man laugh but, oh well, we tried. The waitress really got a kick out of us and ended up giving Marcel stickers, coloring sheets, a balloon and free ICE CREAM! How lucky is he? Not bad for the COOLEST MOM on the block.....
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
the coolest mom on the block.....
Posted by
Anna
at
12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Coolest nephews EVAH!!! - Tía
ReplyDeleteNot only are you the coolest mom, your the coolest friend! I miss you! I would have gone to Baskin Robins with you, and then to a cool spot to enjoy a bottle of vino with you. (or maybe two, or three)
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Sounds like a great date with your son. :) Those days won't be forever-- in a few years he won't want to hear you sing! hee hee But embarrassing your kids in public brings its own joy...
ReplyDeletelove it! so glad you took the time to celebrate the day. trying HARD to do that but last few days have been tough stuff -- 2 snow days and now looks like we have day #3 tomorrow. lots of cabin fever, so i need to make a point to celebrate TODAY!!!! hugs! and thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDelete