Saturday, January 9, 2010

a little bit crafty

In my whirlwind Oct/Nov/Dec months I did manage to get a few projects done... hope you don't mind me sharing some with you... It's been a while since this crafty mama shared any projects with you.....

in Oct... my take on Ali Edwards... "daily december"...... I made an album regarding all things Halloween.... called "Our daily October" just a sneak peak into that encyclopedia.....


Next, a familiar album in November.... regarding my family's daily gratitude.... For 3 years (in the month of November) we have been recording our daily gratitude on 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 cards... each year I make a little book with a page and pocket for each day to hold those memories in.


Next, of course we have the "actual" daily december.....


(it is shown here in it's "unfinished state"....) recently - I actually finished it...
just have not photographed it... I pre-made the album (all the pages waiting to be adorned with xmas memories) in November - and eventually started adorning the book on New Year's eve.....

Below is "one of those photos" of my son... where he looks into the camera and absolutely melts my heart...... I adore his big brown eyes.....

the title is "Brown Eyed Boy"... a twist on my favorite Van Morrison song.....

Then, we have the other son.... the one who keeps my laughing.... He has been a little obsessed with "mustaches" and he ACTUALLY found these "rub on" mustaches...... while we visited the scrapbook store..... he bought them over to me and said Mama.... you gotta get these..... perfect picture for those rub on mustaches... don't ya think?

The title is "Marvelous Marcel". A very special angel in his life gave him this nickname... and, well, what a great pic to memorialize that nickname.
Then we have one of those 7 gypsies ATC Painter trays..... I love this halloween story - sorry - the picture is blurry :( I plan to add a new halloween pic every year til it gets filled up.

Lastly, I altered a canvas picture..... I covered the canvas entirely with paper... not sure why I did not choose paint..?? I think I was in a rush to get it done. Anyhow, added my favorite glitter paper and cute picture of Marz running in the pumpkin patch at his school and threw on black pearls, black glitter ribbon and black tulle - I tried to make it more masculine (using black) but it's kinda hard with pearls, glitter and tulle.... but at least my intention was there.

I am so thankful I have a way to express myself creatively and I am even more grateful to my husband who supports me, in this effort. He has been talking about taking over my blog for a few posts.... and write a little bit about his creative endeavors..... He recently took apart his first mountain bike, stripped it down to nothing and re-furbished it.... to a brand new commuter... that is when the weather gets a little better. I hope he does.. (take over my blog) I would love to see his garage adventures take the form of a blog post.

That's it for this week folks.... hope I find you in a your happy place.. safe, warm and cozy... cuz baby .... it's cold outside!
xo,
anna

4 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with those printers trays. I actually have a large 18" x 36" authentic old one from years and years ago - haven't ever had a place to put it up and start adorning it - I guess my time has come!! Great job with all your projects. Looking forward to seeing your completed Dec Daily - I've got 4 more days to finish up then I'll have to get photographing it (never got around to getting b4 shots of it!) Happy, happy new year to you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna ~
    I am marveling at your journaling especially the daily thankfuls and soulful descriptions of your boys. I think you should submit to the Somerset Journal magazine. Your pages are stunning!

    Thanks for visiting me today and I love your word choice for the NY ~ possibilities. It's a good one! Blessings Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, you HAVE been busy!!! I am exhausted at the thought of how much "art" you get done in addition to being a (great!) mom. Those monthly journals are priceless! They will be wonderful to page through when your boys are all grown up (hard to believe now when one is wearing a rub-on mustaches that he will be SHAVING one off in the future.. heehee)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!