Here we are.. 1st week of 2010. I expect the year go by in flurry.... as my life seems to be moving at warp speed. With that being said - I really can't think of a better word for me this year.
FOCUS
I don't know about you but I have the New Year's Jitters. I woke up HAPPY this morning. (Not an everyday occasion for me, btw - I am NOT a morning person). I started to think about why I was happy. Happy it was a new year..... happy I was at home... happy my two goofy kids and husband were playing together..... After my third cup of coffee, it came into better vision for me. I am happy because I am who I want to be. I am fulfilled with the fact that I am a stay at home mom (SAHM). In years past, my husband used to say... think about what you want to be, if you have to go back to work.. think about what your dream job would be.... I have been thinking for a few years about that.... being "inspired" by my paper arts.... graphic arts..... art, in general.... I have been "listening" to my soul trying to see where it might send me.... my dream job in a dream world..... and then I think it hit me. With my ears at the top volume control ..... I am living my dream. We live in a beautiful home, with beautiful kids and I am so very fortunately to be doing what I WANT to be doing. Staying home with those beautiful kids..... hello - I'm a nester! I am putting down roots and spreading my wings. I am happy to be living in a small town city, with a house, 2 cars and 2.2 kids....
I really can't think of anything I would rather be doing. Granted, it's not easy. I have my moments of impatience and frustration. But why not embrace who I am .... be who you are! I love that saying... News Flash.... Life is whirling by at much faster rates than I ever imagined.... I need to stay FOCUSED on my task at hand. I know my husband would probably like to see my word be ORGANIZATION or PLANNER or something like that (sorry honey - maybe next year....) I hope that by staying focused, it will help me to be a better person, mother and wife.
I spent the last year listening to myself, my kids, my husband.... this year it will be about staying FOCUSED to be the best me - I can be.... jees - sounds like an Oprah show doesn't.... Live your best life.... blah blah blah....
I am seriously excited about this year, and about the possibilities it holds for me and my Nest.
I thought this picture, was a good one for my post..... clear at the front but fuzzy in the back..... Need to FOCUS on what's right in front of me. :)
xo,
amt
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Word UP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Focus is a good word. I've never done that word for the year thing. Maybe I should try that!!! And yes, focusing on what is right in front of us is often very hard... You are doing great, sweetie!
ReplyDeleteYou are aMaZing Anna and you are doing work that will have eternal consequences! I am so proud of you gal. Here's to you and staying focused this year!
ReplyDeleteThat is so PERFECT --- that you can see what you love, what you have, what is important to you, and to be appreciative of it all. So many times I catch myself making excuses to people when discussing my SAHM status, and I am MAD at myself for that! I really LOVE my "lot" in life and I am living a truly fulfilled life. There should be no making excuses for that!!!! Love ya buddy!
ReplyDelete