I am soooooooo excited I had to share the wonderful weekend happenings!
We have a NEST!! A bird nest... mama bird probably laid her eggs this past weekend... She settled in on Saturday.... while Daddy Bird gathered last minute provisions for the happy home! It's soooo exciting! 
She dug her nest pretty deep inside the hanging planter basket.... so It' hard to get a good shot of her without breaking out the "extension ladder". You can just see her peeping through - she's a pigeon , grayish brown. EDITED..... It's a DOVE!!! I'm trying hard to give her some space.... but it's so difficult. I keep wanting to ask her if she wants some tea.... or maybe I should get her some worms instead? hum.....
The daddy bird is never far away..... It's so sweet!! 
Meanwhile..... while we were at a rained out baseball practiced.... I was reminded to the AWESOMENESS of God's Beauty.
if you squint hard... you can make out a rainbow on the left hand side ... above the roof line. :)
Here's the little slugger.....
Here is his brother.... completely lost in a world all to himself. He's dressed up as a vampire.... (no, he has not read twilight!) He's just obsessed with halloween (remind you of anyone?) He calls himself Coffin, hahahaha, Coffin the Vampire and he's trying to get into character for the next halloween. 
My boys pretty much planned next years halloween costumes the day after halloween. So far.... this one (Coffin) is sticking to his guns.... the other one - the "geico" kid.... he says he wants to be Santa for Halloween. We'll have to see how that plays out....... anyone know where I can get some vampire teeth?
Happy Monday!
xo,
amt
Monday, March 1, 2010
wkend happenings !
Posted by
Anna
at
8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This is hysterical! Coffin!!! Hey..that looks like a dove to me!
ReplyDeleteKids are crazy wonderful, aren't they? Such imaginations. Coffin!
ReplyDeleteYes, join in on the 39 squares - I'm doubling up on mine because I actually have 54 of them....and I'm getting behind!
Lorrie
I see the rainbow!!! As for the vampire teeth... I guess maybe... grow some??
ReplyDeleteI love reading your sweet stories Anna!
Blessings!
Hi Anna! Love your bird story. It truly is "The little things."
ReplyDelete