FINALLY - I finished.... my original post said - when I started to stitch-along...... a Day late and dollar short.... in my case I was about 39 days late (haha - maybe not not 39 days days.. but close..) I lost count at which square I was at .... so here are a few of my favs
notice the MAQI beads..... stands for our family's first names...... They are hanging on a clothes line :) - later I added a cloud


above the peace sign.... a NEST - we have a had a lot of nesting activities around here lately.... seemed appropriate to stitch that!


look at the owl!! I got CRAZY and tried a NEW stitch.... called "smyrna" ... you stitch in a line weaving and knotting and leaving hoops dangling from that line... then later go back and cut the hoops to leave strands of thread to create the hairy chest of the owl.....
some other stitches - I attmepted were corded buttonhole stitch .... I stitched in a circle with yellow threads and turned it into a sun. I also attempted ribbon! look above the pink button (that's supposed to be me... I got that button in NYC - garment district) anyhow above the pink button is a folded ribbon flower. After I stitched it I got a book on ribbon stitching... go figure!


here she is....... FINISHED!! (yah for me...)
Did you see that she is starting ANOTHER stitch along? (100 squares!!) Holy smokes! I think I will be stitching along - but not "officially" and maybe a few less squares.
a new technique book I am playing with....
it's might be a little more advanced than I am ... but you gotta start somewhere right?
stitch happy,
amt!





Thank you for the card! I got it Saturday! You are a blessing!!!!
ReplyDeleteLoVe your finished sampler! So YOU! I love that you used orange, pink and green-- my favorite retro color palette. Go figure. I swing from serious sepia to LSD laden 1960s citrus colors. haha. I am totally inspired by your stitching. I have YET to start a sampler (I am better at talking about making one- heehee).
ReplyDelete