baby update..... these two babies are so cute and big!
from some of the research I have found online.... some dove types mate for life! Unfortunately, I don't know my dove's species... but I'll put my money on monogamy for these Tweeters.
Doves make nests almost anywhere, the nest are usually NOT made of twigs or branches. From the time of "fertilization" it takes like a day to lay an egg - and then another day to lay the next one.... then about 2 wks to hatch. Then about 2 wks to grow up! And then momma bird can keep on laying eggs (it's not just once a spring) WOW!
two tiny heads.....
They grow pretty fast and I think in about a week - they should stop looking like the little ugly duckling... but if you ask me.... they are so stinkin' cute!
Today, our friend Nadia, stopped by... the boys and her peeked inside the nest. Daddy bird was keeping them warm while momma was getting her nails done on our pergola. She sooooo deserves that! The picture above was taken 2 days ago.... today they are bigger and cuter! I did spy a big bad black crow hovering around (today) and I had to go out and rush the tree it was in to scare him off... I think it worked - he has not come back.... shortly after, the dad came in for guard duty....
I can't wait till they start trying to fly. I recharged the camera's battery - so I am ready and standing by....
click, click, click,
amt





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments welcome!