(sigh) what an amazing transformation these tweeters have made.......
the boys packed us up for spring break (a few posts to follow soon...) we left the birdies as pictured below....
We came home to this!!!
one young bird in the nest - one young bird on the fence..... and I thought my kids were growing up fast.... these birds do not waste anytime at all!! They still hang out in their nest (awwwe) Momma bird is either in the trees straight across from them or on the roof above them.... Daddy is in the pine trees a few yards away.... Whenever they fly off Momma is not far behind... It's precious.... when they are gone a little too long, Momma gets on the roof and coos for them. It's not really a nervous coo, just a sweet little coo to bring them back home.
I am sort of sad I missed the "first" attempts at flight and the daily watch at their amazing transformation... but I do suppose it was better for them... some quiet time to practice their flight skills, no kids or dogs to try and chase them off. To quote Martha Stewart "That really is a good thing" :)
Life is amazing, isn't it?
Happy Spring!!
xo,
amt





I must say, ths bird has THE BEST ready made nest. What a great bit of Discovery Channel you have right outside your window.
ReplyDeleteLOve your brooch and stitchery! Have you abandoned paper for awhile?
Anna Dear ~
ReplyDeleteThese are so darling ~ Thanks for sharing them with us! How are you my friend? Hope your Spring is just blooming with so many good things! I just love you! ~ me