Friday, April 30, 2010

Itchin' to get stitchin'.......

Our round robin is underway....... I sent my cloth off (tuesday) and I just received my first cloth to stitch in. It's gorgeous - I'm nervous! The pressure of being the first one to stitch on someone's cloth is a little more than I expected.... Where do you start? What if she does not like it? AHHH!!!

Mardi's cloth is beautiful (already) - it is cut from the same cloth as mine from RUBYFLOY. So it's happy, familiar cloth to me.... I think I need to think about it for a bit before diving right in..... I'm just hoping I don't over think it..... (danger.... woman thinking.....)
Below is the little sign in book I made for my sampler..... I LOVE the paper..... I have been pack-ratting it around with me for a while and I knew that I would find the perfect use for... and I finally did!! Yah!
The book pages consist of mini envelopes - I stitched the envelopes(plus 2 pages) to the book. I have been "collecting" the little envelopes for a while... so I was excited to be able to use a bunch in one sweep! Helps me clear out my stash...... so I can go get more..... (NO!!! chants the DH)
Each lady is to choose an envelope and leave a "little note" hopefully about what they stitched and why. I know it will treasure the book just as much as the sampler. I LOVED Linda's book, she is soooo JUNE cleaver!! After visiting her blog... I always say... now - why didn't think of that......

I hope you have a happy weekend!
xo,
amt

3 comments:

  1. Love your book too!! I may be the slacker in the group - oh no! Linda IS so "cleaver"!!!!!
    I can't wait to mail out the second time - I think it will be easier by then. Have May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is...have a happy May Day! I already need to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is darling! I love the little envelope idea! YOU are clever or cleaver...haha! It's all fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!