Well is May over here in Cali... and that means it's basically summer - we have reached the 80's - pretty much on a daily basis and that means in a few weeks it's going to be 90's on a daily basis for about..... 4 months (yowzer!)
So, I am holding on tight to my cute little reminder that "spring is king" - I think I am going to have to make one that says..... "summer is boss" and I can't think of any better theme than surf boards :)
at my local "craftbook" (aka scrapbook) store..... they were selling these cute little place card holders.... and crafty me, that I am, decided I could use this place-card holder to be seasonal, as if I need another excuse to be seasonal..... So once a month I make a new "sign", it's 3 1/2 x 4 inches, and it sits on a mirror in the guest bathroom. I think this one has to be one of my favorite signs that I have made yet.... of course my object is to USE as much of my stuff as I can, on the sign ... and it has to be scraps or leftovers, from previous projects. There's always a twist my craft-wizardry.....
Speaking of Craft-wizard.... I made my earth reusable bags for the five ladies who commented on EARTH DAY!!! You should be getting your soon - if you have been checking in....
Most of them are made from this fabric I found for next to FREE at a local upholstery shop. It's a good thickness for your groceries and I also RECYCLED idea of the bag. I used the pattern from the bags you can buy for 99 cents at your local grocery store..... it's actually VERY simple and easy to make... I might have to post a tutorial on how to make it.
here's a cute scene of those young tweeters, they are soo cute and growing FAST! They still slip into their next about 8 pm to slumber - not sure how much longer that will happen they are about to outgrow it very soon!
Hope you find SPRING in your step!
xo,
amt






Love your seasonal sign! Love it, love it, love it! And...the BAG! I forgot I won one! Yessss! It's been WAY in the 90's in Texas, girl.... your doves are sooooo beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI can only echo Linda sinec she was here first, gushing over your guest bath signage-- LoVe iT, lOvE It, LOVE iT!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your stitchery sign-in book from your previous post. You are so clever with mixing all kinds of paper together!
Hello Friend!
ReplyDeleteI am loving my bag so much ~ I carry it all the time and my dearest friends say "that bag is so you!" I am sending you a little thank you gift in the mail this week. Hope it arrives safe and sound and brings you a little joy!
I love all the things you are doing so much!
Happy Blessings ~ enjoy the rest of your Spring! <3