Big change is coming to our little nest...... We are uprooting and heading to "the desert", very soon. I am scared, excited, anxious, happy, sad, nervous (did I say that already?) ..... I have had very little activity on my Nest Happenings blog because our life has been moving at light speed. sorry :( I will have probably a few more posts here at Nest Happs and start a new blog soon. Time is going fast (maybe a little too fast) Not enough hours in the day, so to speak.

Our new adventure will begin in August, in a city called Muscat. The country is Oman. It's in the Middle East. Yes - I know....... but it's not as scary as you might thing. It has been spared from all of the terrorist activity you hear about in the Middle East, so I am pretty confident to say it will be an even safer place to live than Bako! The crime rate is very low. Thanks to their Sultan (king), he has provided a lot of stability for his country and very highly respected by his country. And for the desert.... it's pretty - there are lots of mountains in Muscat. It is pretty brown but it will be offset by blue water..... it's located on the coast of the Gulf of Oman that opens to the Indian Ocean. It will be hot, hot, hot for sure but I am thinking it will be a good trade off for the cultural experience we will be gaining. When I tell folks we are moving most people assume I will have to wear the veil that most muslims do. But fortunately, I won't. This country is accepting to Westerners. In Muscat, the population of ex-pats, it actually higher than the population of Omanis.
I will try to post more details about Muscat, soon. Right now, I am off to cultural training!
Ma' Alsalam,
(peace out)
amt



I hope that you do start a blog (or continue this one) telling us of your adventures and perceptions of Oman. It's a wonderful opportunity - scary, yes, but WAY TO GO!
ReplyDeleteJust think of the new possibilities for crafting ideas!
I researched Oman after you first told me. So I feel good about you going. Yes, you may call me Mom!!! ha! Since you are far from me in Bako anyway, I'm excited about this foreign adventure for you! Who knows what all God has planned for you and "yours"! Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for you and your family! What a great adventure in your lives. I am getting a little better at techno things...haha....Linda keeps me up some....I look forward to hearing more and I do love seeing picures of you and the family. MELINDA
ReplyDeleteSo it's officially announced ~ I hope in the midst of your packing and preparations that you at least had time to celebrate Anna on her birthday. I know I am one person who has been richly blessed by your birth dear lady. Love to you sweet friend. And.. can you see if upon your return move you could manage to come live in Missouri? Springfield is a nice place, so I hear!
ReplyDeleteso excited for you guys! how long will you be abroad? and will you get the chance to come back and visit the states and maybe get away for a scrappy/artsy visit???? my door is always open! can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteMeant to comment B4 - but OH WOW - what an exciting opportunity and adventure for you all!! Can't wait for the new blog, pics, news, etc - safe travels. And from someone who has moved countries a couple of times now - write a journal - note down those seemingly insignificant feelings you have in the moment - looking back you'll love it - wish I'd done it more!
ReplyDelete