Monday, December 17, 2007

HOLY VINTAGE BUTTONS, batman


So, I got a really super cool box of vintage buttons from my mom! (Thanks for letting me raid your dresser mom) I get my creative genes from an original martha. My mom has always crafted, i think she first learned to sew because she had to make her own clothes, but anyhow she then quilted - crocheted - makes cards - collects crafts (lucky me). When I was home (for a night) at thanksgiving, she let me look through her stuff, I found this cool box of buttons - I think she said she found it at a flea market for a few bucks or something! Nuts huh? Well anyhow there is every color, shape, even fabric and leather buttons in there!
I made a bunch of die cut flowers at a "crop" one night and decided to make flowers and use some of these buttons as the center bud. They look really cool - BUT I forgot to take a picture of them :( I already gave away most of the flowers, Quinton got in trouble at school one day, last week, (he did not listen to his teachers- very first time he got in trouble!) Anyhow, I had him write them "I'm sorry" letters and take each one a flower later that day. I think he really got the idea that he needs to listen to his teachers. Anyhow, the flowers turned out really cool - but I ran out of die cut flowers - so I need to go back to a "crop" and cut some more. I think I'm going to use felt (for the die cuts) next time and make some more button flowers - I used a pipe cleaner for the stem. Well - that's it for now, I need to go and finish my book for book club

!
ciao,
anna

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you...getting all those great buttons! Be sure and check out Natalea's blog and see a button bouquet she has!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!