Friday, December 21, 2007

November Book Club

Here are a few shots of my november book club challenge. The challenge was transparencies and to use the "gratitude is an attitude" saying. It was a paper bag photo album, my first one. I had my transparencies as pullouts from the side and the top of the paper bag openings. I did some journaling on the transparencies, also. I had soooo much fun. On every page I tried something new, whether it was sewing, stickling, hinges, stapling, or hand stitching - i tried something new and different on each page. I guess it's really not that hard for me to try new techniques as I am a beginner to the whole paper crafting world :)This is the cover:



One of my favorite layouts is this one. It has a tree that's representative of the source of paper! One thing I'm grateful for :) This also has some stitched words from my sewing machine - on transparencies - stating " fabric, paper scissors" Three things I'm grateful for. the other page is me - with a vellum overlay (making memories) saying " god could not be everywhere so he created mothers" - then I have the same pic of me printed both normally and reversed - get it mothers are everywhere.....



My second fav layout is this one. I drew a coffee mug stenciled it on to glimmery paper, added some swirly diecuts (creative imaginations) as steam and attached a starbucks logo - i wrote that is was grateful for coffee all shaky like - cuz I'm a serious addict!



This is the kit for december... I made a decision to to title it "Christmas A to Z" I have taken words (a - z) that embody christmas (at least to me) and their corresponding definitions from Webster's online - working on an appropriate font and then will scrap a page for each letter. some pages will have pictures others will have found objects from everyday christmas stuff.....fun fun fun - anyhow my overall challenge is to work with paint. We got some distress paint in the kit and - I have never attempted any type of paint before, so I will try and incorporate paint on each page as well. ????

1 comment:

Comments welcome!