Ok..... so my big trip (without kids). I flew to houston and stayed with the hospitable wells family. I had so much fun catching up with the girls (and chris, too!) It amazing how fast the kiddos grow... Katie is absolutely a beautiful little girl now, not our cute little toddler that we left last year. Evie, she's classic. I just love her to pieces.... she can talk your ear off.... we took a trip to the grocery store (just her and I) and honest to goodness I'm not sure I got a word in edgewise...... she has a lot to say :)
Alright, so we hung in kingwood for a few days and then drove to NOLA (new orleans, louisiana) It was a FUN car ride down and around the bend... I think we only had to stop about 7 times for the potty - we are all used to it, right, we have kids.... we stayed at the hotel montelone - gorgeous place very historic and tres chic...... we went to dinner at Acme's oyster house. I had the BEST jumbalaya I think I could have possible ever eaten. So this a pic before the dinner......
and this a pic after a trip to pat o'briens (go figure)....
Next day was a late morning (for me...) but some of the girls headed to spa and the others went to Harrah's i eventually got my act together and joined them for lunch and then while they gambled... I shopped..... cute little mall called the riverwalk. I had fun.... people watched and had some fudge at the fudgery.... COOL PLACE!! They sing while they make the fudge on a marble slab. Really fun :) Then headed back to the hotel and met up with the girls for a rooftop swim. Then we headed over to the Nelson's apartment (Laura's folks) and had some drinks and great conversation with them. Next we had supper at Irene's - OMG- best restaurant ever!! Supposedly- It's brad and angelina's fav place in nola.... whatever - it's my fav resturant in nola fo'sure..... Took a donkey cab ride thru the city had a late night snack at cafe du monde - had my first beignet - yum! Then headed to back to sleepy time. Next day we strolled thru the french quarter and had some more yummie food. Here's the pic of us while waiting for the car- that the hotel lost...... we had fun..... Thanks for the good times girls!! Ruthless and Toothless Tour must be planned again (soon) :) I do have some other wanna be artsy pictures of NOLA but I only choose to show you the important ones.... the ones with me and the girls - the whole reason I went to houston - to see my girls I miss ever so dearly.
Alright, so if you have been keeping up with the blog.... I'm EXTREMELY close to my 100th post..... like soooooo close i can taste it......... I plan to make something special for a lucky winner whom chooses to COMMENT to the 100th post. So be sure and stay tuned the next few days - if you wanna win? I plan to write about part two of my Houston trip - CKU and how I met my guru of all guru's ALI!!!! (who is super cool by the way....) blog at ya soon!!
Friday, June 13, 2008
NOLA
Posted by
Anna
at
11:10 AM
Labels: best friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Anna---This is so cool! I love it! You have done a great job. What a neat way to keep up on what is going on in your life. I am glad that you had fun on your vacation without kids and that you had a safe trip home. Take care and we will talk soon!
ReplyDeleteKatie
Looks like you had a great time. Love the Name "Ruthless and toothless"
ReplyDeleteTalk to you soon
Sharon
Woooooohooooooooo........perfect summary of the trip! I LOVE IT!! I look forward to many more R&T Tours to come!
ReplyDeleteAW