Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top 10 in 2009


I don't know about you but everwhere I read or turn this time of year someone is making a list.... Best of 2009 - worst of 2009.... yada yada yada...... I thought, maybe, I should post my own list, over here at Nest Happenings......

Here are my TOP 10 in 2009, in no particular order of importance.

1. Living through a truly historical Presidential Inauguration.
2. Celebrating the 5th and 7th years of life, of my two sons.
3. Dealing with grief, in a health way, after losing one of our family members (our dog, Enzo).
4. Seeing my eldest son, communicate on new levels, ones that I was unsure of when they would come.
5. Posting to my blog 71 times......i.e. having the support of my dear spouse to be a creative Genius..... (ok - maybe not Genius....).
6. Joining a gym, for the first time in my 38 years..... and sticking to my routine of working out 3 - 4x a week (with the exception of this month..... I've been quite the sloth...)
7. Not needing to rely on "happy pills".
8. Putting down roots, in a small town "city".
9. It was a particularly a good year, in which we saw MOST of our dearest friends..... and family. Only a few from the ruthless and toothless crew didn't get visited... but facebook helps to cure most of that.... haha!
10. Seeing DMB 4 times. :)

Since I am making lists.... I thought I would SHARE this list with you.... It is not my own... every year my dear friend Julia, over in Houston, creates a list of her favorite DVD's. And each year, I look forward getting her list so I can start renting those DVD's. It's truly a great compilation of movies and I highly recommend it for you....

Julia's Top 26 DVDs for 2009

Food, Inc
Dresden
The Reader
Russian Dolls
Mongol
Arranged
Another Life
Flash of Genius
Goya's Ghosts
Sunshine Cleaning
Danny Deckchair
Away from Her
Shoot on Sight
The Diary of a Nobody
The Answer Man
Whatever Works
The Bronte Sisters
Commanding Heights
The Great Buck Howard
We of the Never Never
The Story of India
Sword of Honour
Flow: For Love of Water
Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius
Who Bombed Birmingham?
Paris, Je T'aime

Unfortunately, I did not get to post as much I wanted to in the later part of 2009.... I've been doing some soul searching about that.... and ALMOST considered maybe taking a break from my blog..... but then my heart started to ache. I truly love my posting spot, so I simply readjusted my mind frame and decided that a more realistic approach would be to post once a week in 2010. It's not as much as I want to but with my increasing busy SAHM lifestyle, I think it this would be an achievable goal for me.

I do hope your holidays were filled with God's Grace and love and your new year is a blessed and HAPPY 2010!!!
xo,
AMT

(this picture was shot over Crowley Lake (4th of July) in the Sierra Mtns near Mammoth Lakes with a very slow shutter speed.... I have NO idea what shutter speed but the frame was open for at least 1 minute..... I'm having fun experimenting with my camera :)

1 comment:

  1. Once a week is sufficient. You know you can schedule posts ahead....so when you have free time to do two and just set a future date for it's publication. Happy New Year, Anna! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!