Saturday, March 20, 2010

a flutter of fabric...

I had a real live "grown up" play-date yesterday....
A dear and very TALENTED Cortney came over to play yesterday.....

we had some fun..... cutting fabric butterflies.... we joined forces (and fabric) to make some delightful and flighty necklaces....


cortney's necklace...

It's gorgeous isn't it!! I really love how she put her's together.... it's just the right size!!
Anna's necklace....

While I am very in LOVE with these butterfly necklaces.... I am not sure I personally have enough style to actually pull one off? This one might be a gift to a very lucky birthday girl in my life. I am not over these butterflies... I plan to make one for me... but maybe a little smaller...

meanwhile.... I am still stitching!

squares nine and ten.....
#9 -a cup of coffee - yes - it's sumatra - extra bold (fairly traded and organic! - I'm hip aren't i?)
#10 - a moonlight night...

squares eleven, twelve, thirteen
#11 - a spring tree
#12 - Quinton
#13 - Marz
I made some additions to some of my squares.... I have been ohhhhhing and aweeeeing over the flicker site for all the girls stitching along... and getting some serious inspiration!! I'll post my changes soon. I'm in love with stitching! It's fun, fun, fun! Have you tried?
xo,
amt

3 comments:

  1. Those necklaces are adorable. Good job ladies!!

    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful delightful necklaces ~ how fun to have a grown up girl play date! Your stitching is coming along nicely too! Love and Blessings dear Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those necklaces are wonderful. Anthropologie is going to send their shopper guy to your house! and your stitching is sensational...love the boys!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!