The stitching continues in a very footloose and fancy free sort of way.....
Squares fourteen, fiveteen and sixteen:
14: a filler of vintage ric rac (from RUBYFLOY), ribbon (i like to call dingle balls) and velvet scallops :)
15: a mommy drink (because sometimes I just need to unwind...)
16: the peace sign (how I feel after I unwind :)
Squares seventeen, eighteen and nineteen:
17: button sun and rainbow
18. lucky shamrock button
19. a vintage shiny accent - I stitched a circle around it.... do you think it needs more? 
Square twenty..... ( above 20 -you can see the faint makings of squirrel)
20: a snail :)
Squares twenty-one and twenty-two:
21: butterfly (don't be afraid to spread your wings and fly!)
22: tulle flower - not sure if I really like it? what do you think???
I am DANGEROUSLY close to "catching up " with the rest of those stitching ladies over at 39 squares
Presently - We are off on an adventure filled spring break with those non-stop energy filled boys.....my stitching is packed and right on top of all the things I don't really need to bring along...with me! I'll be looking for inspiration in those RED streaked rocks of Bryce, Zion and Arches.
Below is my attempt at a shabby flower...... One of my besties.... Linda... sent me a link to this great little vimeo... you should really check it out.... Very inspiring.... Linda is pretty inspiring herself!! you really need to go check out her tutorial on chiffon flowers.... I have all the supplies but I have yet to give it shot.... but you can bet I'll be posting my results soon :) On the shabby flower - I used some special gathering from a few friends... Ribbon from Katie and more ric rac from Nathalie.....
Nest update..... Lovely mamma dove is STILL providing me with my daily dose of patience... I really don't know how she does it... I don't have any new shots because she's hard to see BUT I check on her everyday and I absolutely LOVE to wake up to her "love dove" on the fence wall near by, He stands so valiantly tall and puffs out his chest feathers for her! Then I peek up to she her tail feathers ruffled slightly over the edge of the hanging planter. It's one of the sweetest things I have EVERY witnessed. In a moment of weakness, I gave her a worm...(it was a one time thing) I was super nervous about it because I did not want her to think I was invading her space... while technically I was invading .... so I decided from here on out.... I would let nature take it's course.... and allow her to feed herself on her own terms.... But I really wanted to give her something for all the joy she is giving to me..... like I said she is teaching me patience.....
I hope spring finds you with a HOP in your step.
;)
xo,
AMT
Friday, March 26, 2010
stitchin' along......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Lucky you - my favourite state and probably my favourite national parks in the country! Love Utah! Enjoy your time away!
ReplyDeleteDid she eat the worm?
ReplyDelete