Sunday, March 14, 2010

TTYL

Talk to ya later!!

I created this layout (lo) solely out of words.... it's probably the most difficult lo i have ever attempted.... I had to cut and re-cut and re-cut and re-cut these words and letters so they could all fit on a page.... It was a layout probably one year in the making... why because..... I was a little impatient to say the least. I had the story in my head for a while.... few months...... I finally wrote it down .... few months went by.....then I'd start cutting....a few months went by - I had to re-cut letters over and over. Then when I was finally ready to start putting it together..... I would have to re-cut again... and then when I was in the middle of gluing the letters down.... I would re-cut AGAIN!

SO it might look like a simple layout - but it's NOT! (argh)

here's maybe 1/3 of the leftover letters......... I'm not sure I am completely happy with the end result but I was so sick of looking at it... at that point I really did not care......

The story is about a "chat" session on facebook and my bff said... gotta go .... ttyl... I had no idea what the heck ttyl meant..... and it bugged me for a few days... finally i remembered how awesome GOOGLE is.... and my question was instantly answered. I thought it would be fun to make a layout with texting acronyms ... and well here it is.....like it or not!

ttyl,
amt

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? OMG!!! rofl! LUV IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LI! (Love it!) The most effortless looking stuff can be the most time consuming. You did an AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!